ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Clio's replcament...GT TDI

04BGFF182CLIORS
As much as I loved the 2 182's I have had in the last 10 months, the increasing work mileage and increasing nagging from the good lady to stop spending so much on fuel (aka more presents for her...) became to much, so after a very half-assed effort to sell the Clio, a swap was arranged on this...

WP_20130319_008_zpsd34cf6cc.jpg
WP_20130319_012_zps712e03e2.jpg
WP_20130319_021_zpsd277fbc5.jpg

Having owned a handful of VAG cars (including 3 mk2 golfs) I always had a soft spot for VW's and I must admit it feels good to be back in one. The driving experience is totally different, 6 speed box and bags of torque makes it effortless to waft along. (while returning 55mpg very easily...)

Specs:

03 Gt Tdi PD150
R-Tec map to 190bhp/325lbft
New cam+clutch and tons of history
Coilovers (unsure of make atm)
18" Caliber Vintage wheels - not everyone cup of tea, im toying with the idea swapping them for something else.
Various other little touches, Team Heko deflectors, colour coded bits etc

So far im pretty happy, got me back from Cambridge to kent (via Essex) on about £15 so should pretty much halve my fuel bills
laugh.png

Has a couple of bits needing attention, slight vibration at 60ish, looking to be a wheel balance issue, or potentially spacer/spigot ring. Turbo is slightly louder than expected but think this could be down to the map+decat, pulls like a train so don't think (aka hope) its nothing serious, going to check for boost leaks at the weekend!

*awaits silly wheels comments*

Looks great, do still love a nice Mk4.

Wheels do ruin it though, fed up of seeing RS reps about now, theres at least 5 cars with them on in my town.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks tidy. The turbo's on the PD150's are loud so that's nothing to be worried about.

I was looking at MK4 R32's but i think theyre starting to look really dated now.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Different set of wheels, like the anniversary bbs and it would look spot on.

Turbos are pennies for them anyway.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I was looking at MK4 R32's but i think theyre starting to look really dated now.

I was thinking that too, and then when you compare them to MK5 R32s they look even worse, shame because they are bargains really :(.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
None to shabby but would have to be an anniversary for me.