ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Clio Died

Clio Dynamique Noir
I haven't posted on here for a while now I really need to update my thread (BADLY) - plug. So it's a shame that I have to post on here with ANOTHER problem!

So as the title says my car died on the way home today. The engine just cut so I called out the AA who had to eventually tow me home. It turns over but the engine isn't starting. The AA man reckons it is the crank shaft sensor that has gone...wondered if anyone had any thoughts?

Thanks very much!!

rb 182 cup
Crank sensor would be my first thoughts! Happend to me twice before, have you got compression?

Clio 182 Cup (FF)
Piece of cake to change. Mine did it not that long ago, just didn't want to start. Battery voltage fine. Did all sorts of checks. Only thing left was the crank shaft sensor. Picked up a new one for £18 at GSF. Touch wood hasn't failed yet.

Easy to fit, remove air box and airfeed. Literally sits above the gear box. Fixed with 10mm bolts. 10 minutes