ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the clio 172cup project.

RB R26.R
hey guys, some may have met me a year or two ago if your in yorkshire area, went to a few meets, at that time i had a black 182 FF which was great fun, after a while i changed to a R26 megane F1 and loved it but had job risks and sold out to own a honda ep3 ctr which is now going for sale. Im going back to renault clio cars and looking to modify to produce a lightweight, (not fully hardcore stripped, yet) clio cup.
im currently looking for a cup172 to modify, my initial ideas are to remove rear seats, get some racing bucket seats, four point harness, 15inch 2118 wheels and front and back braces, and a decent coilover kit.
what do you guys think are the most important changes to focus on initially and any modiifications you'd reccomend? ill be using the car daily which is why im not going too far as to strip the car out also im no mechanic so im abit lost as to how to change most things anyway.

any comments are appreciated, cheers and hello again :)

hugh