ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Cars Spotted Appreciation Thread

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
I seen a Corsa C a few weeks ago with a body kit, you could tell it had been done many years ago but it was still a nice to see. I do miss seeing the 'max power' cars knocking about.

It's all financed pops and bangs these days

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I was 5 in 1998 but it was still rampant at 2001 or so. I was always far more interested in competition cars than show cars.
That’s kind of my point bud, it looks tragic now. But back then it was cool and even in 2001 I doubt an 8 year old would really appreciate the scene and culture or the fashion. I’d agree the cars look proper pony nowadays, but back then they looked great.

I had an appreciation of both competition and show cars back in the day. My own cars were more competition based upgrades. Like BTTC inspired or Rally spec, big wheels, stupid spoilers. I wish I had photos of them. I had mates with Dimma 205’s or wide boy Astras in bright yellow paint jobs and whale tail spoilers (1.3 throbbing litres as well) it was a proper eclectic mix of styling back then.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Saw this on Twitter earlier. Apparently a Peugeot dealer in Switzerland has been offering a modern take on the "Rallye" with the 208. It's basically just the wheels and sticker kit, but I think it's quite cool all the same. Based on the 100bhp 1.2 turbo.

View attachment 1670553View attachment 1670554View attachment 1670555View attachment 1670556

Always thought it was a shame that Peugeot didn't do a proper GTI version of the current 208, as it's a nice looking car. A proper Rallye would be even cooler. If they just turned the wick up to about 150bhp, that would be enough to have fun.

That's great.

I don't know if Peugeot do a base level model 208 for emerging markets, that's all it'd be. Manual windows, no AC, steel wheels a decent engine and some stickers.

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
That’s kind of my point bud, it looks tragic now. But back then it was cool and even in 2001 I doubt an 8 year old would really appreciate the scene and culture or the fashion. I’d agree the cars look proper pony nowadays, but back then they looked great.

I had an appreciation of both competition and show cars back in the day. My own cars were more competition based upgrades. Like BTTC inspired or Rally spec, big wheels, stupid spoilers. I wish I had photos of them. I had mates with Dimma 205’s or wide boy Astras in bright yellow paint jobs and whale tail spoilers (1.3 throbbing litres as well) it was a proper eclectic mix of styling back then.
Nah i always thought the max power stuff was gash i was a sleeper person, looked an old normal car but tear the arse off most stuff at the time

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Don't see many of them about now

20231127_082358.JPG

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

I think we're at crossed purposes. My point is that whilst there were definitely plenty of people in period who appreciated them, it definitely wasn't everyone.
Case in point Ali G, they didn't put him in a K-tec Renault 5 to make him look cool.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I was 5 in 1998 but it was still rampant at 2001 or so. I was always far more interested in competition cars than show cars.

You weren't old enough to appreciate the meaning of "pink or brown", so your opinion is null and void.

That's great.

I don't know if Peugeot do a base level model 208 for emerging markets, that's all it'd be. Manual windows, no AC, steel wheels a decent engine and some stickers.

I think Active is about the lowest I've seen. A shame they don't do the 130PS 1.2 with a manual 'box. That would be enough.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Ambitious!

Their unladen EU weight is 1530kgs.

1200kgs is reserved for things like my i3, and that's only because carbon fibre and aluminium throughout
1158kg

1200kgs+ is reserved for fat electric cars and volvos

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Just about the best looking car on sale right now in my view. Absolutely love them.

Just had a look into them, didn't know the model until I just looked LC500. They're a 5.0l V8, wow. Need a V10 like the LFA, wonder if anybody has put an exhaust system on one.