ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Cars Spotted Appreciation Thread

197 clio cup
I saw this chevrolet c10 pickup round the corner from my house.
d890f504a1585efe271e92bb028e1596.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Saw a 991 Targa coming off the ferry from France the other day. Would.
13porsche991targa.jpg

Also saw a new facelift Range Rover with 'Prototype Vehicle' stickers on it, in black.

Initial glance was alerted by the colour ,(could have been painted) then wheels (but could be on a set of spare wheels)

however ride height and wheel offset are wrong for an RS

So i reg checked it

1992 Porsche 911 3600cc

Its a boggo 964 carrera 2 as an RS is a 3.8 they read 37.... something on the reg doc

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Initial glance was alerted by the colour ,(could have been painted) then wheels (but could be on a set of spare wheels)

So i reg checked it

1992 Porsche 911 3600cc

Its a boggo 964 carrera 2 as an RS is a 3.8 they read 37.... something on the reg doc

It does also have the RS rear bumper and is LHD.

The wrong wheels and the wrong colour as you've said.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Had a bit of a moment this morning whilst walking to the supermarket, a minty green Polo drove past and it reminded me of the Polo Harlequin as it's the colour of a couple of the panels, the bonnet particularly.
10 minutes round the corner and I spot an actual Polo Harlequin in Morrisons car park, completely standard with a young lad loading his shopping into the boot! A quick nod and a 'nice Harlequin mate' and I was on my way. I think he was pretty chuffed someone actually knew what it was. Couldn't get a pic, but Google pic for reference:

VW-Polo-Harlequin.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Had a bit of a moment this morning whilst walking to the supermarket, a minty green Polo drove past and it reminded me of the Polo Harlequin as it's the colour of a couple of the panels, the bonnet particularly.
10 minutes round the corner and I spot an actual Polo Harlequin in Morrisons car park, completely standard with a young lad loading his shopping into the boot! A quick nod and a 'nice Harlequin mate' and I was on my way. I think he was pretty chuffed someone actually knew what it was. Couldn't get a pic, but Google pic for reference:

VW-Polo-Harlequin.jpg
Woah woah woah. So you're telling me, that's s genuine model?

250k is way too much for a 964rs unless it was less than 10k miles and concours

was it just in for an mot or some work ?

Its a carrera 2 with some RS bits , depending on mileage and how good the history is then its possibly a 50k car

To be fair you would need to know your 911's fairly well to know it was a fake. And there are so many replica/fake/homages around it does get tricky.

Still a nice enough 911 though

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

So i reg checked it

1992 Porsche 911 3600cc

Could still be an RS regarding the 3600cc listing.

Both of these are genuine RS' that show up with 3600cc on the DVLA.

car_photo_210340.jpg

_D4S7088.JPG

http://www.greensidecars.com/cars

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

So i reg checked it

1992 Porsche 911 3600cc

In fact this is a weird car.....

Looked its VIN up...

Make: PORSCHE
Model:911 CARRERA 2 RS
Reg:J791SWL
Vin:WP0ZZZ96ZNS49**** (I've starred out the last few.....)

The 9 (WP0ZZZ96ZNS49****) in the VIN dictates that this is a Factory RS. In which case it must be the only one in that colour. If it were a Carrera 2 that 9 would be a 1.

What happened to the engine ???

Rs is a 3.8

Visually lots of weird things , but not saying it wasnt something oddball

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
What happened to the engine ???

Rs is a 3.8

Visually lots of weird things , but not saying it wasnt something oddball

Most RS's have 3.6 listed as their engine size. I guess it was just laziness on the inputting side of things in the 90's. I'm yet to find one which says anything but 3600cc.

Even K170YOV above comes out as a 3.6. Its currently up for sale for £245k! http://www.greensidecars.com/cars#/new-gallery-000/