ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The build starts here....

dave i assume your dash loom has the blue connector for the oil dials but they won't do anything apart from look pretty?

Just put a valver top dash and oil dials in mine and apart from light up when necessary, they don't do squat.

Rb 182
1fast6 said:
dave i assume your dash loom has the blue connector for the oil dials but they won't do anything apart from look pretty?

Just put a valver top dash and oil dials in mine and apart from light up when necessary, they don't do squat.

Yup blue plug and all, gonna wire mines up as realy need them (and the do look cool! ;) )

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Djw Dave said:
You doing any track time?? I would love to but the clio will still be running in at this stage :(

I am indeedy! Will be @ the ring the week before too i think.

Rb 182
Having just broken up with my girlfriend i havent really done much. (sorry guys)

But i am getting over it! so done a little work last night. Fresh and new oil pump in.
oilpumpin1.jpg

oilpumpin2.jpg

Sumps ready to go back on, took 2 hrs to scrape all of the sealent off but i bought a gasket for it so wont have to ever do that job again! Ever!!!!!

Rb 182
Done a bit of cleaning with the steam cleaner today (about and hour) it will be painted high temp silver as it is still a bit tarnished, not too bad for an 88 engine :)

Before
partofinletunclean.jpg

About 30 mins in
partofinlet30minsclean.jpg

finished
partofinletfullyclean.jpg

partofinletfullycleanunderside.jpg

As usual any comments welcome :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Stop posting and get on with it!

Curious....how will this be insured, I've always wondered that with Hybrid cars?

Rb 182
i wainting for it to dry so i cant paint the damn thing!!!!

Dont know about insurance, but my mates with a good company for his 2.0 16v Nova so ill try them. I can insure a cossie for 3500 so as long as its cheaper than that! :)

500bhp Scoob
looks like its coming along a treat.

I've got to rebuild the top end on mine after the belt slipped (forgot to tighten the tensioner properly) hoping there isn't much damage.

Bit hard when its the week before payday, and got deadlines to meet lol.

Good luck with it mate, looks a goodun :)

Rb 182
Mole said:
looks like its coming along a treat.

I've got to rebuild the top end on mine after the belt slipped (forgot to tighten the tensioner properly) hoping there isn't much damage.

Bit hard when its the week before payday, and got deadlines to meet lol.

Good luck with it mate, looks a goodun :)

thats well s**t mate :(

hope you get it sorted

Rb 182
Ok so a quick run down on what i had done on my head.skim, exhaust side ported/polished, cutback guides, 3 angle seats, reshimmed, new cam. Its taken a while as the guy was doing it as a side project. but its here andn ready to get fitted. Happy days!

head1.jpg

head2.jpg

head3.jpg

OLI

205 gti-6
well done mate! there aren't many brave enough to take on such a task and i respect for it.
wot sort of power figures are you hopin for wen its done?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
this is going really well!

hope it all goes to plan Dave!

...and all i have to worry about is polishing my manifold and getting my wheels refurbed before FCS... lol!

Rb 182
OLI said:
well done mate! there aren't many brave enough to take on such a task and i respect for it.
wot sort of power figures are you hopin for wen its done?

Hopefully 170+, but the new cam and slight head work should help free up some horses. Oh looking into a larger throttle body too :)

Rb 182
EvilJohn said:
Nice one Dave, glad its finally back! You back at work on Saturday? Im free all day for turbo work!

Yup working all day, off in march from the 4th to the 11th so some late nights me thinks ;)

You better be there

xx