ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The black sticky stuff behind door panels

Clio 172 Ph2

What do they use to stick the door panels on with on the Mk2 172s?

Its sticky as hell (doesnt ever dry - so its not silicon) and I guess makes a waterproof seal as there is no clear plastic on the door - as there has been on other cars ive taken apart.

Anyway, for one reason or another, Ive had to take my panel off and Id like to make sure that when I put it back on I stick it back properly - using the proper stuff.

Clio 172 Ph2

Quote: Originally posted by lemonnobby on 17 February 2004

it called black tack simaler to blue tack but twice as sticky

With a name like that, its hard to tell if youre being serious or not!

If you are, I apologise and hope you can tell me (and the other guy) where we can get some from! Can we even get it from Renault?!

Clio 172 Ph2

Ok, renault are sorting me out. Its about £7 for a roll of the stuff.

Picking it up in a few minutes :)

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member

yea i was seriours because i work for renault and u should get some from dealers although its not called black tack but thats what we call it great for sticking stuff

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

god i hate that black stuff,makes removing panels a right tw*t sometimes.you can buy the stuff in rolls from renault,its not much.most of the time though your alright to just refit the panel without redoing the black sealer.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Yeah I know what you mean Jay, You loosen everything off and the panel still wont shift. Ill just leave it just if you think itll be OK, whats its purpose anyway?