ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Setting up yanoo stiff shift

Having a few problems if anyone had these? So once its all in the housing and the circlip is in, which at first using the small o ring was too tight and the gearstick couldnt move without alot of force. Ive taken the o ring out and lightly sanded the plastic ball, as on side to side movement specifically was notchy and again required force to move. Sanding kinda helped but the notchiness is still there so would need lots more. Ive put it back together and tightend the 4 bolts fully then slackened them off, now the stick is extremely stiff. So is it just the case to keep sanding the ball until it works? Huge amount of effort already, I might just stuff some electrical tape in the original housing to take away the play.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Sanding the ball? I think you're supposed to sand the base of one of the cups that clasp the ball, which is pretty easy with some emery on a flat surface. Mine was as you described and I rubbed it down a mm or two which can then be taken up with the bolts after as required.

Clio 172 Cup
I have thought about this upgrade would be keen to hear feedback on how people are getting on with it. Cheers

I have thought about this upgrade would be keen to hear feedback on how people are getting on with it. Cheers

I love it, did it with the Scenic shifter combined. Before, my gear lever was very sloppy, I sometimes struggled to get it into gear, mostly 4th. Now, it feels super tight. Apparantly, the PMS shifter is even better, but I can't imagine how this could be improved to be honest.

So its nice and smooth now, I sanded it all back but more so on the sides, still a tiny bit of a notch but tbf with the weight of the gears it will probably be a good thing

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
@ZachB how's your shift in this hot weather? I've had to fully loosen the screws on mine as it was really tight and creaky. It was perfect in the morning when cool but this evening I could hardly move the gearstick. Seems the plastic parts expand with heat.

@ZachB how's your shift in this hot weather? I've had to fully loosen the screws on mine as it was really tight and creaky. It was perfect in the morning when cool but this evening I could hardly move the gearstick. Seems the plastic parts expand with heat.

I havnt driven it in a bit mate 😄 Will be on the road in a couple days though, but I can tell you I dont have the heat shield between the cat and further into the drive its a lot stiffer, that was in mild weather.

IMG_0358.JPG