ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The BG Project

BG 182
I've had the car since January and these are the first photos I've had chance to take. Now it was a quick wash this morning which took about 45 minutes and the camera I used was 14 MP Fujifilm DSLR but I'm no good at taking photos!

The car itself is standard apart from silvervision indicators all round, an aluminium foot rest and stainless steel engine cover bolts so nothing exciting until tomorrow :)

I'm taking the car to Birchdown to have a set of Cooksport springs fitted and a Scorpion RS192 to liven the car up a bit

Anyway here are the photos, fire away with any comments or recommendations

Matt

DSCF1595_zpsdd0630ad.jpg

DSCF1594_zps6ce9592e.jpg

DSCF1593_zps176778bd.jpg

DSCF1591_zps17361a67.jpg

DSCF1590_zps08c6c02a.jpg

DSCF1589_zps03691941.jpg

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Re: Few pics of the BG 182

I too have a BG 182. Beautiful colour when they are freshly washed and waxed (just doesn't stay like that as long as I'd like!! ;)) Had mine 18 months and plan to keep it standard.
Only mod is the exhaust which was on it when I got the car. Scorpion 192. Just right for me, loud enough when pulling off, but not too loud inside car.

PB Clio 172

looks a little dull in the pics prob the weather and how did you take this pic without cars coming up the road ? lol

BG 182

I too have a BG 182. Beautiful colour when they are freshly washed and waxed (just doesn't stay like that as long as I'd like!! ;)) Had mine 18 months and plan to keep it standard.
Only mod is the exhaust which was on it when I got the car. Scorpion 192. Just right for me, loud enough when pulling off, but not too loud inside car.

Yeah I know what you mean mate, I think I spent a good 3-4 hours washing and polishing etc. a few weeks back and it does look awesome for about 2 days! When I first got the car I said to myself keep it standard but it's too tempting seeing other peoples on here. Sounds like the exhaust is going to be just right for me then

BG 182

looks a little dull in the pics prob the weather and how did you take this pic without cars coming up the road ? lol

Yeah it was starting to get very dull outside, was just starting to rain as well which was a bit of a pain. Haha the road just leads to a post office sorting office so you only normally get the odd car and a few lorries coming past but as it's Sunday, nothing really goes down there :)

BG 182

Just a small update, I had some Cooksport lowering springs and a Scorpion RS192 cat-back fitted a couple of weeks ago

DSCF1611_zpsaa7b3d5a.jpg

DSCF1610_zpsfc90579e.jpg

DSCF1605_zpsa64b46d7.jpg

DSCF1601_zps45f6616a.jpg

DSCF1609_zps4a47e177.jpg

And for any bikers on here, spent the afternoon with a mate of mine who has a KTM 690SM. We did some messing round with a Go Pro Hero 3 and mounted the camera on different parts of the car and bike to see what the footage was like.

DSCF1615_zpsecda2920.jpg

RB 182

Car looks transformed compared the other pics!

It's sitting well mate and your exhausts are looking nice and snug too :) I really need to get mine sorted..

BG 182

Car looks transformed compared the other pics!

It's sitting well mate and your exhausts are looking nice and snug too :) I really need to get mine sorted..

Thanks mate! The car really does look 100 times better now, it's really what it should have look like out of the factory. I also had a pair of those uprated rear exhaust hangers fitted as well which hold the exhaust up nicely

BG 182

Update

Thanks to a mate of mine who searches the internet for stuff I want for the car but can't afford, then sends me the link, I found these at a reasonable price and couldn't resist

Sorry about the terrible phone pictures, will get some better ones when the weather improves

Removed the old seats and hoovered where they used to be, also noticing how much worse the front seat belts look without the seats in

IMAG0246_zpsa2e4cc6c.jpg

The next day I had these in :) Once the resistors had been fitted and the seats were bolted down, I went for a quick drive and can't stress how much better the car feels to drive. I've heard people say there seems to be less body roll with Recaros and I think it definitely feels like it

IMAG0247_zps0c6d19e0.jpg

BG 182

A pretty boring update but an update none the less

I had a couple of brackets powder coated and because my uncle did them, I got them done FOC :)

The bracket on the engine that does nothing, the airbox/fuse box support and the recaro seat adjusters

IMAG0253_zps7693d604.jpg

BG 182

Nice matt. Whats next?

Thanks mate. I'm thinking an ITG panel filter (or similar), RS mats, get the inlets sprayed (not sure what colour) and hopefully sometime after christmas a full professional detail. I caught the gold in the paint today and was disappointed with all the swirls :(

BG 182
Looks really nice Matt, What's the scorpion exhaust like over stock ?

Thanks mate. Personally I think the scorpion is the perfect replacement for the standard system. Looks loads better and doesn't sound much louder but does have a nice deep tone to it.

I used my mates GoPro camera to try and get some good sound from the exhaust. To be honest it does sound a bit more raspy on the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIVGuBqh34M

RB 182
Sounds the nuts that mate!

p.s. the shadow of the GoPro looks like Wall-E sat on your car.

Jus' Sayin.