ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The best way to apply polish ??

Was polishing the car the other day with Auto glym super resin polish and was wondering if there was a certain way to apply it or and easy way to ??? :)

Last edited:
  Megane R26
What problems were you having?

Most people use farrrrr too much, then complain of it dusting, so cut back if that's your issue.

Otherwise, foam pad tends to be the best way.

F56 MINI Cooper S
depends wat you call too much, i always put quite abit on to be honest so it gives a better look once off

ibiza cupra
i use a micro fibre mitt to put my mer polish on as it tends to do bigger areas faster but still keeps it evenly coated. like said though, dont use too much as when you come to wipe it off, you will find that there are still bits that are not fully dry and smeer which then take longer to buff off.

Bumder With A Buffer
Wetting your MF with a bit of quick detailer helps it not stick to the paint so much too.

Never tried it myself but others say its good :)

depends wat you call too much, i always put quite abit on to be honest so it gives a better look once off

i use a micro fibre mitt to put my mer polish on as it tends to do bigger areas faster but still keeps it evenly coated. like said though, dont use too much as when you come to wipe it off, you will find that there are still bits that are not fully dry and smeer which then take longer to buff off.

Polish is a stage, not a coating/layering product.

Applicator, not too much polish, smooth circular movements. Too much will not have the same affect, the polish needs to break down and it will make it harder to buff off at a later stage.

Mer polish is h'actually worse than the 'T word'.

Not really fella. Neither is best lol. I use a pea sized amount on an applicator for a 15x15cm area.

surely putting too much is better than not enough? i put mine on quite abit normally....

Not really. A 5p peice should be enough for your whole bonnet. Easy. Just need to work it.

Lathering it in polish is going to do sweet f**k all.

F56 MINI Cooper S
5p to do a whole bonnet! im using way to much then, i probly use about 4 50p sizes to do the bonnet on mine. :eek:

F56 MINI Cooper S
thing is with silver, you cant really see where you have put it on in some lights, which is probly why i go over it again.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Not really. A 5p peice should be enough for your whole bonnet. Easy. Just need to work it.

Lathering it in polish is going to do sweet f**k all.

Are you still referring to SRP here? Cos a 5p peice I find would have dried out on a foam applicator before I'm a 3rd way across the bonnet.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I found with a foam applicator, if i used it dry with SRP it would dry out quickly, and i ended up using too much, stick it in some CLEAN water first and wring it right out then put a little SRP on, should do the trick . . .

Golf GTD Mk7
just give it a spray with water to keep the polish going. 5p for the whole bonnet isn't really enough. 5 p per 15x15" section really.

Agreed, just depends on the size of your bonnet, eh Justin!

Well... I haven't ever polished the G.

The GF's Punto went under a car park barrier which closed on her. The G220 took out all the marks on the roof. Paint was soft as shite, its great!

Great minds! But seriously, a spritz of quick detailer will stop your pads drying up.. :approve: