ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Yeah its not the ideal way to start a romantic sunday afternoon drive, with a mondeo key, lol

But what a way to end it;

IMG_5214.gif

Renault Clio 182
Dont get me wrong I do like the look of some of the Astons, The 177 is how they should be all built but Aston charge the earth for it, and when you spend that much money you would expect to have a faultless car

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely cars, understated but still cool.

Are you f**king kidding me? It's 1000% a poser's car, only slightly less than a Ferrari.

I'll have a DB5 for the sheer appearance. Wouldn't spend money on any of the modern ones. Especially the Cygnet, who the f**k would buy one?!?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols at it being a posers car. Yeah you're right actually. Much more flashy than a Ferrari.

350z GT
Are you f**king kidding me? It's 1000% a poser's car, only slightly less than a Ferrari.

I'll have a DB5 for the sheer appearance. Wouldn't spend money on any of the modern ones. Especially the Cygnet, who the f**k would buy one?!?

Had one behind me the other day...had a bit of a yummy mummy in there lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lols at it being a posers car. Yeah you're right actually. Much more flashy than a Ferrari.

He said "only slightly less than a ferrari" so how the hell did you somehow misread that as "much more flashy than a ferrari"

You are a strange one at times!

Both are blatantly a midlife crisis poseurs car to a hell of a lot of people.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Exactly what I meant.

There was a DB9 at Werrington hillclimb last year. Clearly a 40 year old bloke, it absolutely crept up the hill. Whilst I understand not wanting to crash a fairly expensive car, he was barely even revving it. The course car was faster lol.

Oh, and he nearly ran several people over in the pits, because he was on his phone and not paying attention.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Thats because it takes most working people half there life to own/get to that stage of financial security.

I think they are a touch of class.

Porsche Boxster987S
Nice cars. However, having just returned from a 900 mile round trip to the nurburgring with cars such as the evora , gt3 etc - for 30-40k I would 100% buy a GTR. After following the car through Europe , watching it on the autobahns and experiencing it on a 8 min lap of the ring I can safely say nothing cones close for the money. Epic motorway cruiser , unbelievable road presence and the lap itself ............ No words for it . Very little could match it's pace and that was with an inexperienced driver (sorry Craig ;) Honestly Gally , sure the Aston is very classy etc , but for the same cash or less nothing IMO competes with the GTR

Turbos.
I actually think the DB9 represents more of a bargain. I think it's a better looking car, or classier as people like to put it! It is isn't a pretender, just a classic GT car. The V8 came on the scene to defeat the 911, but it didn't. I personally couldn't pull alongside a 911 believing i'm in the superior car simply because it looks prettier. I know the 911 is a predictable, boring choice, but its not its fault it is so competent!

In the same way i'm not a fan of the DBS. Looks great, but not a track car despite the aggressive look and can't hold a candle to other modern supercars as a driving machine. What is the point of it? Again, can't pull up alongside a modern Ferrari and genuinely believe you made the right choice.

350z GT
I actually think the DB9 represents more of a bargain. I think it's a better looking car, or classier as people like to put it! It is isn't a pretender, just a classic GT car. The V8 came on the scene to defeat the 911, but it didn't. I personally couldn't pull alongside a 911 believing i'm in the superior car simply because it looks prettier. I know the 911 is a predictable, boring choice, but its not its fault it is so competent!

In the same way i'm not a fan of the DBS. Looks great, but not a track car despite the aggressive look and can't hold a candle to other modern supercars as a driving machine. What is the point of it? Again, can't pull up alongside a modern Ferrari and genuinely believe you made the right choice.

Yeah but I think the point of an Aston is to be a part of the heritage and history....

Its not about being in the better car, more that you could have bought the smarter choice...but it wouldn't have an Aston badge

An orange one
I'm afraid all Astons leave me stone cold.....I try my hardest to like or want one but I just can't / don't!

Cant even say why I don't....there's just something that I don't "get"

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Never even sat in one. But I still think they're cool as fook.

Friend of a friend used to have a DB9 and it looked/sounded so nice.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah but I think the point of an Aston is to be a part of the heritage and history....

Its not about being in the better car, more that you could have bought the smarter choice...but it wouldn't have an Aston badge

This is my thing. This is bang on the money. It's the reason I bought an Frp over a Trophy.

The car doesn't have to be good, hell some of my favourite cars ever weren't that good but they looked and sounded the part. I have no penchant for drifting, tracking or doing hot laps of the town centre, the Aston represents something different.

There are quicker cars, more refined cars and better value cars probably out there, like Paul said the GTR is amazing, and it is. You simply can't go quicker for the money. I'm still shocked how cheap they are but they leave me cold, there is no soul imo even though they are truly amazing. They don't "turn heads" from my pov.

I could ramble for hours!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Aston martin's make my dick hard!! The look of them and the sound are both unreal! It's a winners car!!

Porsche Boxster987S
You really believe the GTR doesn't turn heads ?? Mate , every time that car came off the track ad pulled up in the Carpark (Full of ferrari 458 , Porsche , Aston , lambo etc ) people where literally all over it. I was like you , appreciated them but never really had that desire to have one. But that trip changed that . Astons looked boring next to it . I understand where your comin from with the Astons badge , it's history , it's style .

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Gtr gearboxes are poorly made, personally I would take the gt3rs if you are talking cars that were epic at the ring and spa this weekend.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I do have a long list of cars i'd own before a GTR, I don't see them as "special". But different strokes mate, speed is down the list for me, I drive like a girl 95% of the time. Noise and occasion is a big thing for an expensive car and I just thought the GTR left me a little cold. We're all different though mate.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Astons tag line - "you only live once"

Says it all really. Nothing i aspire to own more at the moment.