ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Been meaning to make this thread for a while now.

Now i'm a massive Aston fan. They define class to me, the V12 Vantage is still one of my favourite cars of recent times (blame Clarkson).

Anyway the V8 Vantage, price under 35k - 06/07 model. I just think, what a purchase, what a car to have on the drive. I understand the 911 want and the drive-ability but it doesn't have the same, how would you put it, command of respect that's Astons seem to get.

A few pictures of something that at 6 years old still looks utterly superb and at the price + some haggling i'd say a bargain. /Fuse22

Aston+Martin+V8+Vantage.jpg

aston-martin-2012-aston-martin-v8-vantage-front-three-quarter-in-motion-of-2012-aston-martin-v8-vantage_4036.jpg

aston-martin-2012-aston-martin-v8-vantage-rear-three-quarters-in-motion-of-2012-aston-martin-v8-vantage_4038.jpg

Astons don't do anything for me at all. Even if I had too much money, I would never buy one.

They just don't look right on a track, like they're not supposed to be there. Big heavy lumps that they are.

Just reek of a business man who wants to pose kind of car to me.

Each to their own and all that.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I love them. Sadly I put my £30k into my house and not into an Aston.

As cool as one would be, I'm not living with my rents to have one!

Cup In bits
Nice cars and sound awesome under hard acceleration. Fair enough 35k to buy, most people could probably stretch to buy one, different story running one.

Renault Clio MK3
Love Astons, but agree on them not belonging on a track, more of a cruise around car tbh
Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Aamazing cars, im in love with them.

although the ones pictured are the later vantage and certainly cant be had for the prices mentioned.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nice looking cars but a bit cumbersome for track work and a bit uneconomical as a road car, so of no real interest to me personally.
Would happily borrow one for a weekend though, just not what I would spend my own money on.

330i. E30 Touring.
My equivalent at work has one.

Lovely machine.

Had a few niggly issues with it though..

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
you waould probably want to budget 38-42k for a good aprioved aston example.

clutches are common on cars ~6 years old and about £3000 to replace.

20mpg is achivable on a decent drive.

I like the look of them a lot. Oh and the sound of course.

But I would never spend my money on one! Driven a DBS, lovely beast but felt like a RR it was so big. Just not for me.

Dad almost bought one before the R8. His words were he'd always regret it, as the original was not as powerful/good as it was intended to be. Two of my friends' fathers have them (dark silver and white with a black soft top roof) which are stunning, but they seem to have the same opinion in comparison to their other cars (997s and an R8).

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Tracking an Aston? Peeeeeople purllllease! Sacrilege!

A cross continent run etc, i'm not saying there isn't better cars out there, the fact is it's an "affordable" piece of Aston Martin.

With the roof down the roadster looks superb!

Aston-Martin-V8-Vantage-Roadster-1.jpg

NDS30136_WA08OLE_1.jpg

I'm not a soft top fan but they look superb.

Last edited:
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I contemplated an R8 briefly but i see them every day, and a GTR but for me its a no brainer that Aston gets me every time!!

Mini Cooper S
Agreed, aged very well. I'm not a massive fan of Astons but like this one. Looks modern, classy and sporty. Have no idea about the performance/chassis though!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'd rather a second hand R8 as they are more special, more baller. Or maybe not, that Aston badge and sound seduces me. The R8 is astunning 2nd hand buy though. Different prices but I like them for the same reasons.

I'd also like the 4wd in the R8.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
The aston has a sense of ocassion something the R8 is completely lacking imo.

its not the fastest, the most powerful or the most well built... but my my... look at it!!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Never realised they were so cheap now!

Will they continue to fall do you think, or is this it bottomed out?

My ears are still in love with the one that fired up last weekend.

7am after a 21st for his daughter, my best mate, his father and I were cleaning up our/their mess in the marquee. I took the R8 V10 Spyder keys, his dad took the AM DB7 Vantage Volante keys (sports exhaust fitted) and he took his mum's RS6 keys (Miltek fitted). All started and mildly rev'd together in the garage. The "kids" were staying in the area above the garage.

Many sore headed, sleeping bag wearing 20 y/os emerged!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Never realised they were so cheap now!

Will they continue to fall do you think, or is this it bottomed out?

Bottomed out slightly Mike, they've been sitting there 30-40 for a bit now.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Why the hell would you want to track one?

I want one for going up and down the country in. Its a GT car.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

It's Chip. If it's not getting tracked it should be in the garage getting fixed to track. Living his life 1/4 mile at a time...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Tracking an Aston? Peeeeeople purllllease! Sacrilege!

There were a few at a private ring/spa outing that we just did this weekend, they make ok progress, but like I said, bit on the cumbersome side for my personal tastes on track.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Sounds great, until you just end up stuck on a motorway in traffic and hassled by speed cameras.

I dont doubt they are an epic GT car, but since about 1965 we havent really had any GT roads to use them on!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Big aston fan!

Trying to convice the old man to get one if he sells the RRS

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Sounds great, until you just end up stuck on a motorway in traffic and hassled by speed cameras.

I dont doubt they are an epic GT car, but since about 1965 we havent really had any GT roads to use them on!

It'd be better than doing it in either of my current cars!

Renault Clio 182
Worked for Aston Martin last year after seeing how they are made would never buy one, if it doesnt't fit it s filled with plexus and stuck on built quality is shocking

Mercedes
I am a massive Aston fan, I was so close to signing before I got the Merc I will have one but not for doing 20-30k a year in one

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Worked for Aston Martin last year after seeing how they are made would never buy one, if it doesnt't fit it s filled with plexus and stuck on built quality is shocking

Yet you bought a Renault.

I am a massive Aston fan, I was so close to signing before I got the Merc I will have one but not for doing 20-30k a year in one

Certainly not mate. You made a good choice though. New avatar needed!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Don't most of them have more rust than one of Gally's wet dreams?

Nice looking car though.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've no idea about the rust but it has Ford DNA so yeah, it'll be rusting somewhere. German efficiency ftw? ;)