ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 5k kick - video proof?

clio 2.0 182 & z3m coupe
think you can just about tell from the video! got to love the red line on yours :) any higher and you will be with the gods

Nippy white cup
Good show m8. I'll have to do a similar thing next time mine is out. I can definately feel a good pull...4th gear is great and 5th around 85-90 goes again...loving the limiter too lol

Chris

Chris I noticed in yours the kick isn't as noticable as its been remapped. Guess its more efficient lower down the range hence the difference.

Nippy white cup
Yeah Nics Std 182 has a really good kick at 5k. Mine makes the same torque at 2400rpm as nics makes at peak so you get it low down and again at 5 but not as harsh. As Mark said the remap smooths the power delivery out a lot. And would the loss of the std airbox make a difference with not having the Acoustic valve?

Chris

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Bloody hell Mark ! i'm sure the handbook DOES NOT state the engine
drives round to 7,800 rpm ( and not in first gear please) :eek: :eek: :eek:
If i did it would also read "when excessive noise is heard and smoke is seen please seek advice from your local Renault dealer"

Nippy white cup
I think it was just for the vids m8...but his engine has done nearly 100k and is still going strong... Prolonged high revs would be trouble but the occasional high should be ok

Chris

BMW M135i
Mine is very similar with the maxogen on it, its smoothed out the kick a lot. The torque comes in more smoothly from 4k now, instead of a big lump at 5k.

You can see it picking up pace at 4k-> in the vid imo.