ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5k Kick not as strong as it was

Woozie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Trophy
Hi all,only had my 182 Trophy for 2 months and after taking it out last weekend the 5k kick doesn't pull as hard through to the limiter as it did,I don't know if its me being paranoid now but it seems to have a tapperty noise coming from the inlet manifold, cambelt was done around 18 months ago,and as said it pulled a lot better from 5k until last weekend,any ideas what this could be? Sorry for the vague description,all thoughts appreciated, thanks Steve

BG Clio 182
Hi Steve,

Do you think it could just be that you've perhaps got used to the power and the delivery and it's just not feeling as quick as before?

Are you still getting decent enough MPG and the temperature needle coming up correctly to halfway?

What kind of noise? You'll hundred percent hear the injectors firing near the inlet manifold and they sound quite tappy on their cycle of opening and closing

@Woozie

RB Clio 182
It could be the dephaser thats tapping.

Make sure your car is fully up to temp and the limit is 7250rpm and not 6800 rpm.

PH2 172
@Woozie
If you are only driving the car occasionally?
Check tyre pressures,top up with 98+ron fuel,and the carbon cannister can sound like a ticking tappet.

Woozie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Trophy
Thanks for the advice,I was thinking I'm just getting used to the kick,but 99% sure it does pull quite as hard as it did Only use the car at weekends and probably now going it leave it stood with the roads getting gritted,car averages around 30 mpg, temp needle stays at halfway and always let temp build up a and run the car on shell V-power, thinking now the tapping is just normal

monaco 172
It could be the dephaser thats tapping.

Make sure your car is fully up to temp and the limit is 7250rpm and not 6800 rpm.
Is this right? Mine tops out at 6800 even when hot. My old 182 would go over 7000 but that had an rs tuner remap on it.

What's the rev limit on the standard map?

Hipwell sounds like you want a new thermostat fitting if thats the case.. iv got one to fir in mine as its abit dodgy

monaco 172
6800rpm cold map, 7250rpm when up to temp.

Rs tuner map is 7500 iirc.
Ah blood hell. Wondered why I was hitting it so early.

Anybody know what brand the Renault temp sensors are? Europarts have a 26 quid one which comes down to 18 with the weekend sale but I don't want to buy it if its garbage.

Same with the thermostat.