ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 53 Black Gold 182 Project....

FF Clio 182
So after being a paid member for a couple of months and after owning a 1.2 16v i decided to take the plunge and bought myself a Black Gold FF Clio 182. Bought it off a fellow CS member so keeping it in the ClioSport.net family. Was debating about making a project thread as at the moment i have no idea what i plan on doing with it, as far as mods are concerned. Only mod the car come was is a KTEC Ultra Stealth exhaust and a sports cat, gives the car a nice roar sound but without being too loud. Compared to the 1.2 it is a completely different experience, i always felt like the 1.2 was going to snap in half it was that flimsy. Driving it home after picking it up had nothing but smiles on my face. Had to have a cheeky little blast down the dual carriage way. Have not got much to write about so far as i have only had it less than 48 hours and it is pretty much stock but will have to add more as i go along. I think first call is to replace the rear brake pads/disc's and maybe an OMP strut brace (The orange compliments the black). Open to suggestions on mods tho. :)

Picture of the car in the advert.
IMG_0600.jpg

Couple of little cheeky pictures taken on the way home.
IMG_0604.jpg
IMG_0605.jpg
IMG_0606.jpg

Thanks

Williams 2 & 200
Glad you like it Carl, i'm now running around in a Saxo VTR which is shite compared to this

RenaultSport 182FF
Good, I'm glad you took the advice to get a thread started :)

Disappointed I couldn't have got some spare time to come down with you, I would have loved to have seen that Williams :(

FF Clio 182

Disappointed I couldn't have got some spare time to come down with you, I would have loved to have seen that Williams :(

I'm sure if you ask him nicely he will put some pictures up ;) Does look nice tho....

Williams 2 & 200

I'll start a thread soon! PM me if you have any info about it

FF Clio 182
UPDATE

Decided to have a little tinker about today. Managed to fix the passenger seat cable so that's all nice and working now. Made the change from the standard air box to the V6 box, I decided I like the noise to all is good. Had a squeak from drivers side wheel so decided to tear the calliper apart to have a look, inner brake pad was seized in place so a little grinding later it was sorted but plan on changing them soon so only a quick fix.

Engine with the V6 box.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365268438.424240.jpg

FF Clio 182
UPDATE

I have finally got round to fitting the centre hanger for the K-Tec ultra performance exhaust. Had to be made specially as they don't sell them separately :( Only cost me £46 delivered, Oh K-Tec! Was a nightmare to take the original mount off as the bolts was stuck and you cant put to much pressure on them as the lugs just turn. Anyways it fitted now all I need to do is when I get round to it is fit the Powerflex rear exhaust mount bushes that i made up, really helpful guide on here on how to make them. Currently have a 14mm socket zip tied in place to hold the exhaust up, it will do for now :)

Received some LED side light bulbs in the post today that i have fitted, being a 182 with aircon the left bulb was a nightmare as there is next to no room no get your hand in behind it. Little bit of blood and sweat later i managed to get them in.

Was debating on doing fitting the front splitter but was starting to get wet and cold so i thought i would leave it for another day :) hopefully a warmer day, if we ever get any!