ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 197 again

Just a couple of pics of the 197, nothing changed from the last photos i posted last time, except 1 chattering gearbox, 2 almost knackerd front tyres, i buckled o/s/f wheel, and play in the n/s/f wheel.

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

toon

White defo looks best with the 'black bits' - niiiice

Which aerial is that?
The aerial is from halford mate.

What you doing to the poor thing?!!!

Well i went out to take a look at what is out there, which is affordable............nothing. There is nothing with the look, style and speed as the 197 for the money. So the 197 is staying, unless renault give me a reason to get rid of it.

toon

I meant with the buckled wheel etc!!

I went down to weymouth yesterday which was great, but before i went i took it into where i work (VW) to put it on a ramp, as i was getting a chattering from the gearbox. Now the car has been in to renault twice for this problem, and there was no fault found, so i just wanted to know if there was something, or was i hearing things. So up goes the car on the ramp as one of our techs puts the car into 1st and wow what a noise, also the o/s/f wheel is buckled and their is slight play in the n/s/f wheel. So over the road i go to renault and tell them what i have heard, and i get the excuse " seeing as there is no strain on the wheels, the gearbox will chatter", so off i go on a road test with a technican who has not got a clue, but he did hear the noise, but couldnt confirm if it was normal as he wasnt an RTE. So off i go to another renault dealer in the Bristol and yet again same excuse and another road test, and the noise could be heard again. Now i paid alot of money for this car and if this noise turns out to be normal, then im sorry but the renault product is getting very very shoddy. All i want is this noise sorted, the guys at VW were shocked at how much noise their was. I love the car to bits, but come on please, chattering from the gearbox isnt normal, a wheel shouldnt buckle unless hit and play in the n/s/f wheel. The car has only done 8500 miles. I will never ever buy another renault again, NEVER.

toon

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
There should be no noise what so ever. The wheel should not be buckled. There is a very slow speed knock/play through the steering on mine, but thats due to a faulty N/S rack. Cant relly get it under warrenty as its lowered on Coilovers. The part is £50 for me.

Might be worth taking it to a trusted dealer in the dealers section........

There should be no noise what so ever. The wheel should not be buckled. There is a very slow speed knock/play through the steering on mine, but thats due to a faulty N/S rack. Cant relly get it under warrenty as its lowered on Coilovers. The part is £50 for me.

Might be worth taking it to a trusted dealer in the dealers section........

I cant get into that section mate, as i aint a member. Is there any on there in or around the bristol area?

toon

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The dog's mate, love all the spoliers and splitters.

Always said you need all of them to pull it off.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Looks awesome. Renault's build quality is still poorer than Honda, Mini etc. The poor dealer network just makes it harder to put up with.

I went down to weymouth yesterday which was great, but before i went i took it into where i work (VW) to put it on a ramp, as i was getting a chattering from the gearbox. Now the car has been in to renault twice for this problem, and there was no fault found, so i just wanted to know if there was something, or was i hearing things. So up goes the car on the ramp as one of our techs puts the car into 1st and wow what a noise, also the o/s/f wheel is buckled and their is slight play in the n/s/f wheel. So over the road i go to renault and tell them what i have heard, and i get the excuse " seeing as there is no strain on the wheels, the gearbox will chatter", so off i go on a road test with a technican who has not got a clue, but he did hear the noise, but couldnt confirm if it was normal as he wasnt an RTE. So off i go to another renault dealer in the Bristol and yet again same excuse and another road test, and the noise could be heard again. Now i paid alot of money for this car and if this noise turns out to be normal, then im sorry but the renault product is getting very very shoddy. All i want is this noise sorted, the guys at VW were shocked at how much noise their was. I love the car to bits, but come on please, chattering from the gearbox isnt normal, a wheel shouldnt buckle unless hit and play in the n/s/f wheel. The car has only done 8500 miles. I will never ever buy another renault again, NEVER.

toon

So ive now come back from my visit to renault, and guess what. NO FAULT. I went on a road test with an RTE who said that it is normal and carachteristic of the car. Also both front wheels are buckled, this im not happy out, i asked why they have buckled, and i got told the following " its because of the wieght savings because its a cup, also the alloy is softer to save wieght and also are roads are crap" ummmmmmmmmmmmmm NO. Not good enough, so im gonna call renault custometr services tomorrow. Finally the play in the n/s/f wheel could not be faulted. So i ask you, what in the hell is going on?

toon

Im going to take the car to S.J. Cook and sons In bristol to see if they can sort it out, as i dont trust City Motors, who are just a shambles

toon