ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Telling if its an LSD?

E30 318iS x2
Hi guys,
I was wondering how you tell if a diff is an LSD or standard.

Some one said if the wheels spin opposite directions its limited but some one else also said the opposite of that :S (this is obviously when jacked up lol)

Cheers

E30 318iS x2
As much as I'd like to lol its in a e30 bmw 318is which is currently not in a moving state :(

Jack the back of the car up so both rear wheels are off the ground, then turn one wheel and if it has an lsd the other wheel will turn the same direction, if it goes the other way there no lsd.

I would be suprised if an e30 318 had an lsd!

PH1 172 Sport
Jack the back of the car up so both rear wheels are off the ground, then turn one wheel and if it has an lsd the other wheel will turn the same direction, if it goes the other way there no lsd.

I would be suprised if an e30 318 had an lsd!

Thought only m3's came with them?

a.e

GT3 RS, Caterham Duratec.
Quite alot of the E30's came (or it was an option) with LSD's. Best way to check without jacking up is find the diff code and gooooooogle it. I'm sure if its stamped with an "S" its an LSD.

Andrew