ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

teflon polish new on market

106 GTi
WTF is going on here!

Lusty your scaring me, you been stalking me ... I have always wanted a stalker, but would have prefered a female.

But as you asked I am 22 cough 8 and have been geeking up cars since I was 17 and got my first car.

its your car im in love with not you. lol

Ive only been cleaining cars since I got lusty which was just over 2 years ago, so I know fu*k all. Thats why I need to get as much knowledge out of you as possible. lol

Oh and the reason why I asked how old you are and how long you've been detailing is because I want to find out how long its taken to build up this amount of car cleaning knowledge. Thats it. Dont worry Rich!!!! :)

All upset now ;) yeah I am getting on now 22 and all that. I started to get crazy after entering my old 309 GTi into a Show and Shine in 1999 and it all went down hill from there. I had liked keeping cars clean before that but cleaning the undersides etc was when it to started getting crazy.

As for being in love with the car 10K and it's yours :lolup:

Swissol/swissvax shield also contains teflon

However as teflon must be heated to stupidly high temperatures before it will bond to a surface it is more a marketing quality than a useful one in a wax.

Intresting to know Mark.

10k is tempting. Theirs no way id be able to keep up the shine on her though. She'd be used every day and kept outside on the drive :dapprove: , so shes prob better with you. lol

106 GTi
Dont say things like that - I would cry ;)

But you pays the money you can do what you want with her lol

I saw my old 306 go from being a concours car to a normal car so would be fine with it.

Dont say things like that - I would cry ;)

But you pays the money you can do what you want with her lol

I saw my old 306 go from being a concours car to a normal car so would be fine with it.

I still cant believe her mileage, but I suppose its easy to keep it down when you have a second car. :D

I may have enough money either this summer or next summer (2008), so dont use her til then for me and i'll let you know. lol

subaru /clio 182 trophy

However as teflon must be heated to stupidly high temperatures before it will bond to a surface it is more a marketing quality than a useful one in a wax.
sorry m8 but your totaly wrong

106 GTi

Maybe worth a read:

There are also highly advertised Teflon based products on the market. It is my understanding that it requires a 600 plus degree environment to bond Teflon to your paint. So, unless you are applying it with a flamethrower, you may not be getting all you paid for. (In the same vein, just be glad you are not getting all the government you are paying for). The polymer-based products will also tend to build up with several applications and this buildup may turn off color over time. The solution to this problem is to strip everything off and start again.

http://www.autoeducation.com/carcare/protect.htm

106 GTi

:rolleyes: :lolup: :clown:

lol

More here

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-87759.html

Worth googling Teflon in car wax for more these one sided info

Teflon does absolutely nothing for car waxes and other car care paint products. It is pure marketing gimmick, nothing else.

If the wax itself performs decently, then great. If you like it, continue to use it. But don't think it works good because it has "Teflon" in it. :rolleyes:

Teflon actually has to be baked onto the surface at over 400F to bond. Products with it are a gimmick.

http://www.finishing.com/152/28.shtml

subaru /clio 182 trophy
right pin back your ears and learn something teflon does not req heat to bond this polish is made dy du -pont the first company to realise the benifits of teflon here comes the science part ptfe is a very slippery plastic molicule that can be used in many applications ie polish engine lubrication g/box lub pas lub coatings ie non stick pans GET IT NON STICK yes the teflon in my polish stops dirt sticking to your car brake dust to wheels its also an amazing glass cleaner I have just supplied it to the scottish ferrari race team for the 430 race cars and also for s rodens body shop who owns the only ferrari backed racing team in the uk that got to be a feather in teflons cap Also check out scottish scoobies site go to sale sec/ see under teflon by cusco kid see how the love it look at the replies I tey and come on to offer you guys a good discount on polish and WHITELINE SUSPENSION PARTS and in time many other products and get nothing but SLAGGED my name assinated you guys now how to welcome a new member, almost makes me wish i did not have a clio trophy, so far i have only had one realy nice member post me, she shall remain nameless but you know who you are at least on s/scoobies members welcome new additions. i am totaly disgusted at my treatment on here and the defformation i have recieved:mad:

:rolleyes: :lolup: :clown:

lol

More here

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-87759.html

Worth googling Teflon in car wax for more these one sided info

Teflon does absolutely nothing for car waxes and other car care paint products. It is pure marketing gimmick, nothing else.

If the wax itself performs decently, then great. If you like it, continue to use it. But don't think it works good because it has "Teflon" in it. :rolleyes:

Teflon actually has to be baked onto the surface at over 400F to bond. Products with it are a gimmick.

http://www.finishing.com/152/28.shtml

go Rich, go Rich :coffee: (just kiddin)

A well built VW
cusco kid nobody is deforming you, you are merely out of your depth Brazo is one of the most respected car detailers in the country and Rich is quite good too, these guys have built up a reputtion by proving products and techniques work, therefore many people respect their opinion.

On the other hand from the posts i have seen you have merely come on here to sell stuff to cliosporters , nothing wrong with that (if its approved) but they way you have gone about it imho has not made you friends - If you say there are posts on s/scoobys why not post some pics would have been a way to prove your points rather than write in bold and caps

subaru /clio 182 trophy
cusco kid nobody is deforming you, you are merely out of your depth Brazo is one of the most respected car detailers in the country and Rich is quite good too, these guys have built up a reputtion by proving products and techniques work, therefore many people respect their opinion.

On the other hand from the posts i have seen you have merely come on here to sell stuff to cliosporters , nothing wrong with that (if its approved) but they way you have gone about it imho has not made you friends - If you say there are posts on s/scoobys why not post some pics would have been a way to prove your points rather than write in bold and caps
listen m8 dont try and turn it around on me you lot are immature wee laddies who want to grow up

GR7

Shiny red R32
I've not heard of Teflon in car polish before.. it sounds good to me!
I found these two messages from people who had used it on a Scooby
website.....

Fantastic polish!! Easiest ever to put on and take off car. Glass is so clean it looks like its been removed! Car is slippier than an oiled up slippy thing – Certainly would not advise any Dukes of Hazzard bonnet slides – probably end up under a car eight spaces away!!

Car looks great, will try and get some pics up tomorrow. One tip though – wear gloves – because after the car is finished you can’t grip anything, especially the steering wheel, cause your hands are as slippery as the car! Thanks again Geo, and I can’t recommend it enough to everyone.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Picked up a tin of this from Geo yesterday. Went straight home, quick wash down and dry then sparyed the full car with it windows, headlights the lot. Buffed it off with a polishing cloth tokk me bout 30-40 mins and the car was looking great. Really easy to buff off the polish, just be carefull tho if the car has been running, cause i kind of baked it onto my bonnet but it still came off ok and looked great once done. Cheers George.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Better than yours. C*nt.
And kiddo's just shot his mouth off. tw*t. I'll stick to my stuff that proper valeters use, not something a keyboard warrior got tricked into buying gallons of and can't shift.
hi m8 can you no read it comes in a 300ml tin

You can't even construct a complete sentence without grammatical or spelling errors, and seem to have problems understanding what I'm saying.

Whether it comes in tin or not, I suspect you got conned into buying this s**t and have stacks full of these '300ml tins' equating to gallons, and it's s**t and you can't shift it.

I'd also hazard a guess Ferrari don't use you to supply their team, or any other race series as to be honest, I think they get hosed down and sent back out again.

Let me guess - this is a result of the amazing teflon coating you have put on there that magically doesn't need 600 degrees to bond - despite DuPont's own claims that their coating on saucepans and the likes requires 'a high temperature' to bond successfully.

fight, fight, fight, fight!!!!!! :slap:

lol

I think we are being a little hard on cusco kid tbh, as he's just offered us a product and doesn't really deserve this treatment. IMO.

I do agree with many others though that I wouldn't personally buy it as I dont like buying from people who sell over forums.

Better than yours. C*nt.

lol

I think we are being a little hard on cusco kid tbh, as he's just offered us a product and doesn't really deserve this treatment. IMO.

I do agree with many others though that I wouldn't personally buy it as I dont like buying from people who sell over forums.

Quiet b**ch.

On a side note, you have PM.

Focus ST3
Not sure whether the stuff is good or not but it wouldn't have to bond to any surface, just lay on top, in a similar way to all other waxes/coatings currently available.
The 400C process is to form a strong mechanical bond, like a frying pan and restistant to poking by spoons etc.

GR7

Shiny red R32

lol

I agree with you thinking you are being a little hard on cusco kid! Also he was already a member and has not come on here just to sell his polish!!

Being an obsessive car cleaner I did a quick search online for car polish containing Teflon and found some info and would be happy to give it a try!

What is Teflon®?
Teflon® finish protectors form a durable, non-stick protective barrier resistant to dirt, mud and environmental pollutants. It has low surface energy. As a result, it has a remarkable ability to spread and form a covering film, (protective barrier coating).
  • It does not conduct electricity. Hence, the film has no static electric charge and will not attract dirt and dust.
  • It is chemically inert. It will not react with contaminants from the atmosphere (e.g. acid rain), or with hydrocarbon residues.
  • It has excellent thermal stability. In other words, it retains its unique non-stick characteristics from extremely cold to extremely hot conditions.
  • It is highly resistant to UV rays. In conjunction with other UV protectants, Teflon® will help protect paint against UV rays, fading and premature aging.
  • Because of its low surface energy, it is an excellent water repellant. Water has a tendency to bead on car finishes. This tells you your wax is working to protect your finish.
  • It is compatible with plastics, metals and elastomers (usually synthetic materials with properties similar to rubber).
  • It is non-flammable.
  • It is insoluble in almost all solvents. In other words, it resists their attack.
http://www.carcare.dupont.com/products/products_default.asp

QuickCare_bg.jpg
CarWax_bg.jpg

http://www0.epinions.com/content_3862077572

http://www.5starshine.com/spo.html

http://www.redsofts.com/articles/read/136/52596/Proper_Car_Washing_Polishing_And_Waxing_from_the_Experts.html

106 GTi
As said there are plenty of products that include it though if it works or not it works or is a gimic is another matter.

Swissol Shield PTFE Wax

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/shop/swissol/swissol-wax/swissvax-shield/p_241.html

SHIELD™
with "non-stick"-PTFE
Shield is a long-lasting wax designed for tough service on modern vehicles and SUVs. Because of its almost legendary ”non-stick” effect, dirt and insects find it almost impossible to adhere to our highly concentrated natural wax with PTFE, just as a fried egg will not stick to a PTFE-coated frying pan. Use after Cleaner Fluid wax pre-treatment.

I use this on my wheels and it works well: Swissvax Autobahn Wheel Wax

Combats the unsightly build up of brake dust as the product contains PTFE. It withstands high temperatures,eases washing and protects wheels from pitting due to attack from brake dust.
We have tried many wheel waxes on various cars and I have to say eventhough this is expensive for a small pot it does work better than any other wheel selant on the market in our opinion. If you want the best product to protect expensive alloy wheels this is the product.
50mls.

swissvax_autobahn.jpg

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/shop/swissol/wheels-and-tyres/swissvax-autobahn-wheel-wax/p_244.html

Looking forwad to hearing peoples findings on Cusco Kids product. If it works well it will ideal for people looking for a quick and easy product.

A well built VW

listen m8 dont try and turn it around on me you lot are immature wee laddies who want to grow up

:rolleyes: A serious post and the best you can reply is that. Back it up with some pics is what i have said not a hard thing to do considering its getting rave reviews on s/scooby. If you are going to post make them count, people believe results and so far we have not seen even one pics

I leave it at that and wish you well selling the polish, but suggest maybe cliosport is not the place and maybe ebay would yield you better returns.

subaru /clio 182 trophy
Not sure whether the stuff is good or not but it wouldn't have to bond to any surface, just lay on top, in a similar way to all other waxes/coatings currently available.
The 400C process is to form a strong mechanical bond, like a frying pan and restistant to poking by spoons etc.
Great the message is getting through at last you require heat to bond teflon to frying pans not car bodywork thank god there is 3 people that have a bit of sence on this forum

subaru /clio 182 trophy

:rolleyes: A serious post and the best you can reply is that. Back it up with some pics is what i have said not a hard thing to do considering its getting rave reviews on s/scooby. If you are going to post make them count, people believe results and so far we have not seen even one pics

I leave it at that and wish you well selling the polish, but suggest maybe cliosport is not the place and maybe ebay would yield you better returns.
pics cant tell you the results people trying it does, listen to people that have tryed it

A well built VW

pics cant tell you the results people trying it does, listen to people that have tryed it

You need someone to use it first? I did have a quick look on SIDC under teflon in the search but nothing...

Right guys i have a chip mod that will give you an extra 20bhp anyone interested ??

subaru /clio 182 trophy
This is to put mike 182 comments to bed after calling me a liar
no 1 i do now supply Scuderia ecosse the only factory backed racing team in the uk .Owner and team principle MR Stuart Roden is now buying teflon polish for his race cars,also going to use it on his coustomers cars that come in for repair , his company only repair ferrari, lamborghini, aston martin, mercedes benz etc
I have been appointed just this week as the official supplier of motorsport memorabilia for Scuderia ecosse ie tables made from race car wheels, suspension up rights exhaust manifolds mounted on bases to sell on their website. these products will be available for sale world wide. I dont tell lies i dont need to tell lies My life is so full i aint got the time

Better than yours. C*nt.
no 1 i do now supply Scuderia ecosse the only factory backed racing team in the uk .Owner and team principle MR Stuart Roden is now buying teflon polish for his race cars,also going to use it on his coustomers cars that come in for repair , his company only repair ferrari, lamborghini, aston martin, mercedes benz etc
I have been appointed just this week as the official supplier of motorsport memorabilia for Scuderia ecosse ie tables made from race car wheels, suspension up rights exhaust manifolds mounted on bases to sell on their website. these products will be available for sale world wide. I dont tell lies i dont need to tell lies My life is so full i aint got the time

I still have doubts. I could google a race team and get someone's name, and I probably could have pulled it off better as so far I've yet to see a post from you that isn't defamatory, lacking in decent grammar or has bad spelling.

As has been said, pics are necessary for proof of this awesome product. Until then this thread really could do with being put to bed.

GR7

Shiny red R32

I still have doubts. I could google a race team and get someone's name, and I probably could have pulled it off better as so far I've yet to see a post from you that isn't defamatory, lacking in decent grammar or has bad spelling.

As has been said, pics are necessary for proof of this awesome product. Until then this thread really could do with being put to bed.
It isn't everybody who is good at spelling and some people suffer from Dyslexia, which doesn't help their spelling and I have seen messages on here before where "teacher types" have been told to lay off correcting or criticising poor spellers. Sometimes people are put off posting on websites if pulled up on their grammar or spelling and I think you're only having a go at cusco kid because of his Teflon polish, so leave the guy alone! :( Once we see some glossy Teflon cleaned cars on here he will be everyone's pal! ;)

Better than yours. C*nt.

It isn't everybody who is good at spelling and some people suffer from Dyslexia, which doesn't help their spelling and I have seen messages on here before where "teacher types" have been told to lay off correcting or criticising poor spellers. Sometimes people are put off posting on websites if pulled up on their grammar or spelling and I think you're only having a go at cusco kid because of his Teflon polish, so leave the guy alone! :( Once we see some glossy Teflon cleaned cars on here he will be everyone's pal! ;)

I'm certain that there are these types, but I recall a time on UKFiestaNetwork where one of it's members and my friend was(still is dyslexic). He was the first to criticise people for it, because it costs you nothing to proofread your posts, and nobody could fault any one of his posts - they were perfect.

And I'll not be using these goods - my car looks brand new with what I use, however these may be good for someone with less time than me.

The teflon won't bond to the paint but will be suspended in a caranuba suspension, whether it beads any better than a normal wax is yet to be seen. No waxes containing teflon are currently seen as having any advantages or benefits over an ordinary wax.

subaru /clio 182 trophy
The teflon won't bond to the paint but will be suspended in a caranuba suspension, whether it beads any better than a normal wax is yet to be seen. No waxes containing teflon are currently seen as having any advantages or benefits over an ordinary wax.
hi m8 are you a chemist can you start with du-pont monday!!!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^Pmsl . Don't be put off with the negative comments from some members on here mate . Some people read or hear something and think thats the be all and end all , they're never open to new suggestions or products . If certain people on here said the moon was made of cheese quite a few people would believe it , lol ;)

I'll be interested to hear the views of people who try it anyway :)

A slow one :-(
Yeah, it would be good to test it against some other "all in one" products like

Klasse AIO
PB Polish +Sealent (I believe this is a new product which I really want to try)
AG SRP (Yes strictly a polish but it also has a protective side I believe)

And tbh its cheap as chips so maybe worth a bash anyway :)

subaru /clio 182 trophy
^^^^Pmsl . Don't be put off with the negative comments from some members on here mate . Some people read or hear something and think thats the be all and end all , they're never open to new suggestions or products . If certain people on here said the moon was made of cheese quite a few people would believe it , lol ;)

I'll be interested to hear the views of people who try it anyway :)
hi m8 i have 3 members trying it out asap to post results// go to scottish scoobies ,see for sale teflon polish and read reports:cool: one of your members could not find it now theres a susprise:lolup: thanks for your post geo

subaru /clio 182 trophy
Yeah, it would be good to test it against some other "all in one" products like

Klasse AIO
PB Polish +Sealent (I believe this is a new product which I really want to try)
AG SRP (Yes strictly a polish but it also has a protective side I believe)

And tbh its cheap as chips so maybe worth a bash anyway :)
hi m8 w8 for results thanks geo;) pm me after they come out

subaru /clio 182 trophy
294772887_3dba36185c_o.gif
IMG]IMG]01_IMG.jpg[/IMG]IMG]IMG]/IMG]
just a photo test to try out my photo bucket pics of my car wrx 300 my track car classic part owned by my son GP VALET SERVICES me driving at a sidc day last year and samples of my wheel tables that i make will post more when available you cant grt rid of me that easy GEO:rasp: