ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Team Dynamic wheel offset+size recommendation

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Thanks bud...

Also just so you're all aware - DemonTweeks are having another TD sale

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/team-dynamics-competition-wheels

I ordered some 16's in graphite satin yesterday, but it seems they've actually got no stock of 16's and it's a 6 week wait. They were also having difficulty getting some offsets made up, but ET30 and ET35 were fine.

Ended up changing to 15's in the same colour, which they had one set of in stock, and getting some AD08R tyres at a bit of discount, cost me £600 for wheels, tyres bolt caps, a tube of poor boys wheel sealent and new bolts and spigots rings with free express delivery. Was disappointed about missing out on 16's, but 15's will probably be better in the long run anyway.

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
That Demon Tweeks deal looks very good! I'm easily confused so apologies for repeating what was previously said but...

My Clio 182 ff is now a track car running Koni yellow adjustable shocks and lowering springs, assuming a get 15's to run a summer tyre (888 etc), what offsets do I want?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
That Demon Tweeks deal looks very good! I'm easily confused so apologies for repeating what was previously said but...

My Clio 182 ff is now a track car running Koni yellow adjustable shocks and lowering springs, assuming a get 15's to run a summer tyre (888 etc), what offsets do I want?

Simple answer and safe option is ET45 - ET35. Lower number the wider the track/more the wheel will poke out.

You can get away with more but run the risk of rubbing. Tyres also differ in width, track tyre tend to be a wider fit. So more likely to rub

It's worth searching the forum for pics of what offsets and setup people run, as the are a few that run lower offsets and don't seem to have any issues

You want ET35 buddy :)

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I'm easily confused so apologies for repeating what was previously said but...
It's worth searching the forum for pics of what offsets and setup people run, as the are a few that run lower offsets and don't seem to have any issues
That's what this thread is!

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
That's what this thread is!

As i said ET45 - 35 is the normal range for offset. But people do run a lot less, hence suggesting looking for pics and further info in case he wanted to run a more aggressive setup.

I see this thread has a few pics of what people are running (mainly ET35 as would be expected), but there are probably 100's more hence suggesting a little more research if a different look was wanted

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Et 35, 10mm spacers front (just to get brembo clearance) nothing on the rear (camber shims pushing them out a little though)......

IMG_1605.JPG
IMG_1599.JPG

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
What size are your Brembo's?
What size wheel did you go for 15 or 16

Reason I ask, is imlooking to upgrade my brakes as the car is for track use and I'm not sure whether 15's will be sufficient

Hi mate, I use 15" wheels as the car is purely track. I have clio 197 / 200 brembos. They have been machined down, where the adaptor brackets sit, by approx 4 or 5mm, generally the norm if you want to fit 15s. If you are using 16s then you are good fit them without machining (I believe). The wheel spacers are also required to give the extra clearance needed with 15s, oh and I only balance the wheels on the inside edge just the be sure everything is clear as it is tight!

As a recommendation, other than the look, I wouldn't do the conversion again. The stopping power is no advantage over the standard callipers and good pads, infact sometimes a hinderance. In the colder weather or wet I need to run lesser pads to make the callipers effective! In the colder temps harder tires mean I lock up as Carbon Loraine RC 6 or 8 pads have too much initial bite so I switch to the DS1.11 pads, or I'm locking up all the time. In the warmer weather with sticky track tyres the CLs are a much better pad, but to be fair only as good as standard callipers with similar pads, so if it's purely visual effect go with the conversion but for track effectiveness just upgrade the pads suitably as you won't need any more.....

Craig

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
why didn't you order wheels in offset 25?
It didn't make any odds mate, I already have 2 sets at 35 so a third were sensible, especially for resale as well, so a safe bet. I had thought about the 25mm but it was pot luck with Team Dynamics (not too impressed with them). I ordered 35 offset and after an 8 week wait (quoted 3 to 4) 38 off set arrived, which doesn't seem much of an issue but et 38 did rub on the brembos in the 1.2 style. Had I not already had the 35s I would have went 25.....

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Really love this car mate total credit to you :smile:
Do you get any rubbing on the inner wheel arch when Corning hard with the 15s ? My 16s are a nightmare for it
I am ordering the 15s at the autosport show in January :smile:

Thanks for the kind comments mate......

Only really got rubbing on the bumper brackets mate in the main. Although my arch liners have been worn away. The change to 15s might not solve your issue as whilst smaller rim you are upping the profile size of the tyre so out side diameter is similar..... I think a clio sitting low, under full tilt (braking) may always give a little rubbing :up:

Clio 220 PH2
Thanks for the kind comments mate......

Only really got rubbing on the bumper brackets mate in the main. Although my arch liners have been worn away. The change to 15s might not solve your issue as whilst smaller rim you are upping the profile size of the tyre so out side diameter is similar..... I think a clio sitting low, under full tilt (braking) may always give a little rubbing :up:
Yeah I get a bit of that as well I have tried to bend the bracket back to stop it a little bit but haven't tried it yet.
That's a very good point I forgot to think about overall diameter. It really puts me off hearing that noise I keep thinking the tyre is going to pop if I turn in to hard.
Yeah that's very true fingers crossed I get less rubbing than now

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Yeah I get a bit of that as well I have tried to bend the bracket back to stop it a little bit but haven't tried it yet.
That's a very good point I forgot to think about overall diameter. It really puts me off hearing that noise I keep thinking the tyre is going to pop if I turn in to hard.
Yeah that's very true fingers crossed I get less rubbing than now
It's the bumper bracket mate, either bend them up out the way or cut them off :up: