ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Team Dynamic wheel offset+size recommendation

Clio 220 PH2
Hi all,
I know this question will get asked all the time but looking at getting a set of team dynamics pro 1.2s and I have a few options on offset. I am going to get them in 15" but out of these options what do people recommend going for.
7x15 – Offset ranges are 15-25 & 35-45
8x15 – Offset range is 15-35
I run front spacers at 19mm I believe and no spacers on the rear.
The cars a track car but the standard wheel fit well (offset wise) so whether I run similar to that but open to new set up :)
Any help would be great thank you
Ben

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Mine also on 15x7 ET35s (lowered on all round coilvers)
RearQtrLowFlush.jpg
FrontQtrLow1.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
This is mine on 16 inch TD 1.2's but couldn't tell you the offset, sit pretty well though.

28438810191_1510229bd2_c.jpg

Clio 220 PH2
That would of been a good deal wish I grabbed that but they only do standard colours if you go through team dynamics you can have what ever colour you want

Clio 220 PH2
What size tyres do people run on the 15" is it 195/50 ? Or 205 ? They will be my track wheels so will be running track tyres on them
What do people recommend? (I don't want them to rub like my 16"s do)
Thank you all

Clio 220 PH2
That's fair enough thank you :) to look at what looks better ? I know that sounds silly but I run 195s on my 16s and the rim sticks out slightly more than the tyre I just wasn't sure if I will get the same with the 15s ?
Many thanks

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
wheel size- I'd also say ET35 x 7J 15".
Tyre size: depends on which tyre really. Track orientated tyers sometimes are wider, for example my 595 rsr's are the std 182 size ie 205/45 r16 but they are visibly wider than the older michelins I had (also 205/45)
So the safest bet would be to run 195/50 tyres if you wanna go for track tyres, that's what I'd do anyway

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
That's fair enough thank you :smile: to look at what looks better ? I know that sounds silly but I run 195s on my 16s and the rim sticks out slightly more than the tyre I just wasn't sure if I will get the same with the 15s ?
Many thanks
Tyre brand can make a difference in the profile by a few mm. I've had 2 set os 195s on, one stuck out hugely around rim protector, the other tyres left the allow proud.
Unless you are slammed on the deck then shouldnt be an issue. A little rubbing shows you are just low enough and going fast enough!!

Clio 220 PH2
@ripp thanks matey :) I know what you mean I had to drop down to 195 on my 16s because the toyos are a bit wider than stock size
@loggyboy thanks mate I know they can be different sizes it's like shoes lol. That's a good point it does put me off hearing it too much rubbing @Martin. Thanks mate I wouldn't want the tyre to catch the suspension leg I would be in a world of trouble thank you for the help mate :)

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Im also running all round coilovers on mine, which means I have a cm or so less clearance where the coils are lower and wider than the plain standard shocks. I have about 3-5mm clearance without spacers. (using the ET35s as per my pics above). However when I was running unspaced rear camber shims (1.5deg) on my old 182 with the same suspension, i needed 5mm spacers. Didnt bother fitting the camber shims on the latest 182 tho as they didnt help handling.

Clio 220 PH2
Im also running all round coilovers on mine, which means I have a cm or so less clearance where the coils are lower and wider than the plain standard shocks. I have about 3-5mm clearance without spacers. (using the ET35s as per my pics above). However when I was running unspaced rear camber shims (1.5deg) on my old 182 with the same suspension, i needed 5mm spacers. Didnt bother fitting the camber shims on the latest 182 tho as they didnt help handling.
Thanks mate I will have a look into that as I am running the degree camber shim on the rear but overall I have about 2 degrees camber (adding the factory camber in as well)
Did you have any trouble with rubbing on the outer part of the wheel due to spacing it out ?
Thank you again

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
If ur not running rear coilovers you should have no problem.
When I was this low it rubbed arches over most bumps, but was using standard rims and 205 tyres at time. A 10mm raise solved problems. Sadly i didnt get chance to run the pro race 15"s on this car (with camber shims) so cant advise on that.
182LoweredSide1.jpg

Clio 220 PH2
Thanks mate I do run rear coilovers but the springs and dampers are separate.
Ok mate thats cool thank you I am not running too low on the rears so I should be ok.
The car looks good mate :)

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
When I had my Federal RSR with 205 tyres on my ET35 wheels with all my crap in the car that I take to trackdays it would rub on the rear over bumps but with the same tyres on the ET43 wheels it was fine.
The ET43 are my damp set and road wheels and I use a 16mm spacer on the front but nothing on the rear with the Federals, and on my other 2 sets of wheels are ET35 and have my dry tyres on either Direzza's or 888's and I use them with no spacers with a 195 tyre and never had any rubbing, and a set of Rainsports for very wet days (not used them yet) but they are 195 again, that is with 1.5 deg neg camber and lowered on Cooksports.

Clio 220 PH2
Thank you very much I wasn't going to run the 1.2s as the track and dry wheels with the 888s and then the stock wheels use them as to and from wheels with some good road tyres so I can use them in the wet if needs be :)
Might need to have a look at fitment on the front if I am running spacers but we shall see :)