ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TDC Sensor

Few questions as I know people in here have had problems with theirs.

1. What is it and what does it do?

and

2. Where about is it located?

Cheers

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
It's there to tell the injector to when the piston is tdc to allow the injector to inject the fuel to start the car. Ifs it away the car will be hard to start.

Its in around the cam belt somewhere have never looked.

Renault clio 1.4 16v
it tells the injection comp what position the crank is in (tdc)there is a mark on the fly wheel which it reads and to make sure the crank is in line with cams . if the sensor gose faulty the car will not start

its on top of the gear box held on buy 2 10mm bolts

Renault clio 1.4 16v
very easy unless its a auto bit more tricky . the car will not start it will spin but not fire .

Renault clio 1.4 16v
the new tdc sensor is modified there is key ways on the conector so dose not fit . but all you have to do is cut them off with a knife ( the conector on th car ) very easy to do . done loads

Renault clio 1.4 16v
if it a Maggie its very easy .. the best one to do . like i say its modified so if you get a sensor you dont need the wire they might sell you that cost more than the tdc sensor lol

172 cup
When mine was faulty I had so many problems you wouldnt beleve. Would start sometimes, cutting out while driving, piss poor performance, wouldnt rev.

Had it replaced and been great for the last 6 months

SOunds like my problem them, the cars a clio btw, it's jus what I call her ;)

Would a problem with the TDC result in needing the car to be jump started as this is becoming a common thing on my car!

Skoda Fabia vRS
if it a Maggie its very easy .. the best one to do . like i say its modified so if you get a sensor you dont need the wire they might sell you that cost more than the tdc sensor lol

get the loom aswell, it has resistors on it IIRC and as such if you connect it without it you wont be getting the correct resistance reading

Renault clio 1.4 16v
it dose not matter if you dont get the loom . the loom is just a standerd wire with a diffrent key way on it

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
I got a new sensor for mine the other day and for the tdc sensor and wiring section it cost me £34 from renault but I found out this morning that the plug they supplied doesn't fit the sensor they supplied. D'OH! For the sake of soldering 2 wires i'll probably replace the loom (when they give me the right one lol) too but thats just the way we do things.

Doesn't seem like too bad a price considering Renault likes :rasp:

Anyone got a pic of where it is excactly, just so I don't go hacking at the wrong thing :eek:

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Just read my post here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=261270

Today, more then a month after it start fine:)

* remove the air filter and you will find the TDC sensor.
Pics:
pic.php

pic.php

Enjoy
Lior

Renault Clio
Few questions as I know people in here have had problems with theirs.

1. What is it and what does it do?

and

2. Where about is it located?

Cheers

Hello kindly inform me where can i find TDC sensor of clio 1.4 2004 automatic