ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tape used to stick on Renault Sport badge?

Titanium 182
I've just bought a Twingo/Megane RS-RenaultSport badge to replace the one on my Clio, but it doesn't come with the adhesive backing so I was wondering what you guys would suggest? I was thinking numberplate double sided tape (1mm will hold it, right?), but I was wondering if you can buy it in a pad style (wider) so I can basically use the badge as a template to cut around the tape ensuring everywhere's covered... if that makes any sense? Good? Yes.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
They come with an adhesive already on the back if you buy a genuine one. dont use glue a strong double sided sticky tape would be best i suppose but it will probably fall off soon enough.

Titanium 182
They come with an adhesive already on the back if you buy a genuine one. dont use glue a strong double sided sticky tape would be best i suppose but it will probably fall off soon enough.

It is a genuine badge, but it's second hand so the adhesive is no longer intact. Numberplate pads will do the job surely? My numberplate has stayed on for well over a year so far, and weighs more than the badge! Think I've answered my own question there, thanks :)