ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Taking out heater controls

It is possible to take out the heater controls in a 53 plate clio. I need to install my new head unit and need a lot of room to do so. So if u can how do i do it??

Cheers

Quote: Originally posted by Chris310185 on 05 June 2004

It is possible to take out the heater controls in a 53 plate clio. I need to install my new head unit and need a lot of room to do so. So if u can how do i do it??
How do you intend to change the temperature inside the car? Are you going to wire the heater to hot all the time?.

Might be worth looking into removing the central air ducts and move the bit between the airducts and the radio up (the one which houses the central locking button etc)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

remove:-

1,curved plastic flap underneath heater controls that goes down to the centre console area. it should unclip from the top and pull out from the bottem.

2,unclip the small plastic trim that sits directly under the heater controls

3,remove the two 20 torx screws that were behind this trim.

4,the heater panel will now unclip

5,twist it around slightly so you can see the back of it to undo the cables and unplug the connector.

6,wriggle the panel out of the hole the large plastic flap covered up

p,s-there awkward little b******s so good luck