ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T-Mobile UK are getting the iPhone

Nissan Jewk
I thought everyone was anyway now the O2 contract has ended.

Its officially coming out on Orange before xmas and Voda after Xmas... 3 are rumoured to be getting it and announcing it soon, but T-Mobile has been all hush hush so far. No news on what modelas, I'm assuming 3G and 3GS, but who knows!

Rumours are that it could be as soon as 2 weeks time but I very much doubt that!

Go cry to your momma!
I doubt 2 weeks time too, it's exclusive to o2 for longer than that!

On the 3 front - I didn't think they worked on 3? Whenever you look at an unlocked one (factory or jailbroken) it always states that it won't work on 3.

As a T-mobile user with an iPhone, I can tell you the lack of edge SUCKS! It's pretty much impossible to do anything over GPRS and MMS' always fail unless you have a 3G signal.

Nissan Jewk
I don't know the ins and outs of it working on 3, I just know that they were rumoured to officially anounce theyw ere getting it before us lol!

Well I know some of the guys working here are on opening up portals/content for the iphone as we speak

Clio 172
I doubt 2 weeks time too, it's exclusive to o2 for longer than that!

On the 3 front - I didn't think they worked on 3? Whenever you look at an unlocked one (factory or jailbroken) it always states that it won't work on 3.

As a T-mobile user with an iPhone, I can tell you the lack of edge SUCKS! It's pretty much impossible to do anything over GPRS and MMS' always fail unless you have a 3G signal.

same here tend to use my htc with my tmobile contract and my iphone on orange as it seems to work bette ron orange. But T-mobile are s**t anyways imo

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm on T-Mobile and my contract runs out next month and i'll be in the que for the iphone, get in there :star:, well pleased

172, Tiguan
Thank god for this. Upgrade due around end of the year and If I have to use this piece of s**t HTC MDA iv thing anylonger I literally might start to cry.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Urgh, we've just switched our business contract at work from VF to T-Mobile... now I'm going to have to look after these pieces of s**t

Unless they just make the users stick to the BB's :p

Nissan Jewk
Cookie, if your corporate account ever suffer from call issues in any way, shape or form, chances are it'll come through to my department to resolve :)

Scirocco GT 2.0
I have an iPhone (unlocked) and have been using it with T-Mobile for a few months now with no problems, I find I have more coverage too, certainly better than our business iPhones at work (O2) which is a bonus.

Nissan Jewk
This is true, IIRC 50-150 a week

T-Mobile have the iphone officially in every other european country that they are licenced in (Germany, Netherlands etc), but not the UK, they were sourcing the iphones from there and selling them in the UK, all unofficially and probably a bit underhand too! So yes, they were giving out the iphone, but not officially, hence why its big news when it all becomes official.

SLK250 CDI
I rang up today for a PAC from T-Mobile, said we wanted to go to O2 to get an iPhone (already got it, just need to PAC the mobile number now).

Anyway, as contract doesn't finish till November, they said it would be best to do it then. And that they will be selling iPhone - from what she said, sounds like they renew the contract with you and then get an iPhone shipped to you from an external company... all sounds a bit dodgy!

Nissan Jewk
At the moment, I know you can go to the "Chitter Chatter" phone shop (its a reseller) and upgrade to the iphone from them only. But I can't do it, as I can't have an iphoneas it currently stands, with my free line rental, and none of my mates with half price line rental can get it, sucks! And that was only the 3G, not the 3GS, but here's hoping that all changes soon!