ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Switching from Voda to Orange or O2

Currently, I can't get good 3G coverage in my area on Vodafone. I have s**t reception at home and full reception at work, but no 3G.

Map shows better O2 coverage for my area, but is it really going to be worth it?

Anybody in my area (Cheshire) who's on O2, what's your reception like out and about (obv Wifi at home is fine so inconsequential).

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Don't don't don't!

Vodafone imo are a very good mobile phone company, coverage is far superior to both o2 and orange.

In fact don't get me started on orange's coverage!

Orange around me (rest of familia are Orange) is very good. Customer service is shite, but hardly ever speak to them anyway.

What are you on Kev?

o2 is shite for 3g coverage. Never had a problem getting a signal with orange, alot of the time 3g too. Voda are usually good in my experience though.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Makes no odds to me, no providers gives 3g where i live :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Vodafone mate, i'll never change now, i've also been with o2 there customer service was abismal!

Vodafone actually made it a pleasure to buy a phone with, not sure why but they treated you like you were the only person they spoke to that day and any other day I phone. Very impressed.

Where I stay, vodafone own on the coverage front, o2's 3g is getting better, my missus is with them.

Been with o2 for years and they have not put a foot wrong! Orange on the other hand, were pants.

fiesta 1.25
Orange is awfull around here for signal not used one for internet though.

Id go with o2 the 3G coverage is ok apart from in pubs ive found.

Go cry to your momma!
Try a few different PAYG sims in your phone rather than asking folk in your area.

Personally, I'd stick with voda..excellent network they have!

Otherwise (purely for the 3g network) I'd go with T-Mobile, as I am now..Soon to feck off to voda though.

Go cry to your momma!
You can still see the signal strength though if you walk into the rooms you're usually in, in your house?

Or if you want to be anal you could put the settings in and speedtest in your favourite locations ;D

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
02 coverage is better than it used to be but Vodafone has by far the best.

At home (Loughorough) I get full 3g on Voda but at work (Banbury) I get no 3g so it is hit and miss

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Jamie, people in our office only get Voda signal, no other cell reception comes through at all... not sure on your building, but there's a Vodafone picocell in our comms room, so we get full signal all the time.

I'd go on what signal you can get opposed to how the numptys answer the phone on the customer service desk.

O2 are best for signal around here, so I'm with them. They don't have the best 3G coverage, but who gives a toss, I want the best coverage for calls and texts, internet is a luxury not an essentail. I normally only use my iphone with wifi anyway.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm with o2 and have no problems with 3G signal. I tried a Vodafone PAYG sim recently as I was considering moving to them but the 3G coverage was shocking when compared with o2. I'm not a fan of Orange Customer Service so would avoid them.