ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swapping Speedometer

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
The arm on my rev counter is broken, seen some speedometer clocks for sale on eBay, can you swap these over and will it show my mileage or will it display the mileage that's on the speedo clock from eBay?
Orrrr is there anyway of fixing the arm?

Not sure how it got broken, but it's annoying as I have to keep the plastic out to put the arm in the correct position upon start up.

Cheers

Clio 172 Merc ML55
You can swap the clocks over but the mileages stay on their respective clock unfortunately, not sure about repairing your existing one though. I keep a spare clock set to use for testing as most have now been tampered with at some point

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
You can swap the clocks over but the mileages stay on their respective clock unfortunately, not sure about repairing your existing one though. I keep a spare clock set to use for testing as most have now been tampered with at some point

Ah really, so just got to find one with accurate reading I guess? no way around this at all? the arm just like drops all the time, it's fine when moving and driving but every time I go to start it I have to move it up to correct position!

Thanks for your answer, much appreciated :)

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Afraid so yeah as far as I know, not sure if Renault could do anything though? I know when I worked for Mercedes many moons ago we could only reset or alter mileage figures on a car that was new and had done less than 80 miles (something silly like that, basically so that the counter read zero when selling a car brand new)

To be honest though for what another clock set costs 2nd hand I'd do exactly as you said and find one with a similar mileage and then replace yours

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Afraid so yeah as far as I know, not sure if Renault could do anything though? I know when I worked for Mercedes many moons ago we could only reset or alter mileage figures on a car that was new and had done less than 80 miles (something silly like that, basically so that the counter read zero when selling a car brand new)

To be honest though for what another clock set costs 2nd hand I'd do exactly as you said and find one with a similar mileage and then replace yours

Okay I see, thanks for your help. Yeah that makes sense with new cars haha, shame it's not just interchangeable!

Cheers :)