ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

swapping from type r to 182

ford racing puma

I am thinking of swapping my Civic Type R for a Clio 182. What do you think? I have worries about the build quality of the Clio. What are the main problems?
cheers

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

you will IMHO get a few rattles that were probably not present in the CTR, and you can expect a few trips to the dealer for niggly problems, but apart from that i am happy with the car

why are you swopping from the CTR?

[Edited by M.C.. on 01 April 2005 at 8:23pm]

forgot to say i had a powered steering hose fail and oil seaping up from the rocker cover bolts but both are now fixed

Yaris Hybrid

Ive driven both extensively and hard.

I could spend ages describing the minute differences between the two but the bottom line is that they are so similar I cant see why anyone would go from one to the other for the sake of it.

My mates CTR has had more faults than my 182 though if that helps but if you play the law of averages you somehow know the Clio is more likely to break. Or maybe Clio owners feel more free to discuss the faults whereas people that have paid out more for a CTR are inclined to keep quiet?

Audi RS4

are you insane???:eek:;)

never mind the quality,think about the drive and the fact you will be in a good lookin car!

ford racing puma

Quote: Originally posted by M.C.. on 01 April 2005
you will IMHO get a few rattles that were probably not present in the CTR, and you can expect a few trips to the dealer for niggly problems, but apart from that i am happy with the car why are you swopping from the CTR?

[Edited by M.C.. on 01 April 2005 at 8:23pm] forgot to say i had a powered steering hose fail and oil seaping up from the rocker cover bolts but both are now fixed

Thinking of swapping because I could do with some extra cash.Only had the CTR for a few months and I do really like it apart from in the wet when it gets a bit of an hand full to stop the wheel spin. Its only a 54 plate so should have spare cash left over after a swap.

Audi RS4

what colour you thinkin? Racin blue or Inferno are the mutts IMO. Make sure you get both cup packs too.

stop talking about 182 faults, there brilliant, i never have had problems with any renault ;)i need him to swop

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

the clios are the same in the wet i have had the wheels spinning in 2nd no problem dont think there will be much different there (dont quote me as i have never been in a CTR)

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 01 April 2005

stop talking about 182 faults, there brilliant, i never have had problems with any renault ;)i need him to swop
never thought about that 182_blue,

but what he would want is the best colour Artic blue with cup packs and i just happen to have that exact one i could swop ;)

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by zippyy on 01 April 2005

I am thinking of swapping my Civic Type R for a Clio 182. What do you think? I have worries about the build quality of the Clio. What are the main problems?
cheers
Dont do it, youll be sorry. Seriously.

Quote: Originally posted by iPap on 01 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by zippyy on 01 April 2005

cheers
Dont do it, youll be sorry. Seriously.

no he wont, he will love a 182

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by seb182 on 01 April 2005

welcome

there are many problems.....
The problem with mine is i cant stop smiling when i get in the thing ;)

One year on...no faults and loving it :D

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 01 April 2005

welcome

lol, keep this sort of post coming

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 01 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 01 April 2005

welcome

lol, keep this sort of post coming

:D:D:D

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

my 182 is amazing!!!!

i have never had a fault!!! i have never had to take my 182 back to the dealer five times for the same fault for them to then claim it doesnt exist and then have to drive an astra van and toyota yaris for almost two weeks!!!!

AND then go and pick up my newly fixed 182 for it to break down 10 minures later!

never happened...

ever...

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

sorry i was only joking...

faults aside they are wicked!

i love driving mine and i would never swap it for a type r since its sorted... it is like having a new car back!

great.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

(thought youd like that)

plus 182_blue has kept his in tip top condish - you wont find a finer racing blue 182 north of Bury St Edmunds...

ford racing puma

Just havin a beer. goin to book a test drive and try to make a decision.

182 blue why do you want to get rid if they are that good? :confused:

well your downgrading, and im upgrading, and i tend to get bored very quickly, so i swop cars every 6 months or so

182 Trophy

Dealers are giving them away at the moment, youll always get more than its worth on a p/ex.

Quote: Originally posted by Tom1 on 01 April 2005

Dealers are giving them away at the moment, youll always get more than its worth on a p/ex.
cool, if thats true i will have 20

ps i sont believe that true

just IMO i wouldnt say you are up or down grading as they are both very nice and fast cars! and every car has its own faults the type R im sure isnt perfect as zippyy would be changing hes car! lol i know ur on bout (CASH NEEDED) but you dont sound happy with the car either?

IMO i LUV the clio soo much its great fun and beats a TYPE R in looks i think so go for it mate if u can make a bit of cash and hav a better car sounds good to me just dont know why you didnt get a 172/182 in the first place!

Welcome;)

you must be mad , honda to renault :eek:

whats wrong is it all the thrashings from the 15 year old crx vtecs ;)

lol only joking im biased i guess ;)

[Edited by RicH- on 01 April 2005 at 10:15pm]

ford racing puma

Quote: Originally posted by Jay@auto-mods on 01 April 2005
just IMO i wouldnt say you are up or down grading as they are both very nice and fast cars! and every car has its own faults the type R im sure isnt perfect as zippyy would be changing hes car! lol i know ur on bout (CASH NEEDED) but you dont sound happy with the car either?IMO i LUV the clio soo much its great fun and beats a TYPE R in looks i think so go for it mate if u can make a bit of cash and hav a better car sounds good to me just dont know why you didnt get a 172/182 in the first place! Welcome;)  

I do really love the CTR and the noise it makes after 5,500 revs and also the gearbox must be the best Ive used. Idont want to end up regreting the change though. Had a 5 turbo a few years ago and it kept falling to bits. Have Renault improved the build quality since the 80s?

call yorself renault enthusiasts,and (182 blue) for f**k sake do you have any idear what car you want??? yes get the 182 dude coz the type raa aint sh*t!,the clio pisses on it !!!

VaVa

Whilst it might rattle a bit, youll find that the Clio is mechanically quite sound. Whilst theyre not as well put together as the Civic, they certainly dont just fall to bits.

Its as quick as a CTR in most situations, is way more fun to drive and has a spec list that puts the Civic to shame. Buy a nearly new 182 for 10k, bank the cash and enjoy owning the greatest hot hatch of all time.

ill agree the clio is alot more fun and in the wet handles alot better than the ctr. straightline speed tho the ctr will win hands down