ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swapping alloys and discs from Clio to Megane

04 Clio 1.6 16vDynamique+
I'm in quite a bind, not sure whether this will work or not, or more to the point, kill me!

My smashed up Clio 1.6L Dynamique+ 3dr has new front discs, pads and tyres. While I get this car fixed I purchased a Megane 1.6L Sport Alize 2dr. The Megane is 20KG heavier than the Clio and has roughly the same size tyres. Clio: 185/55R15 82V. Megane: 185/60R15 84H. Providing the bolt configuration is the same, which I am pretty sure it is, I should be able to swap over the tyres.

The main problem I have is that the discs on the Clio are 238MM but on the Megane they are bigger, more like 259MM or 262MM, even despite when potentially buying new discs the company I use only sells 238MM discs for the Megane I have.

What would be the problems or issues with replacing the bigger Megane discs with the 238MM discs from my Clio?
I have a feeling there would be a problem with how the pads/calipers are aligned/fitted.
And do you reckon it would be possible to just swap over the alloys and tyres from my clio on to my Megane?

Any help will be great, I def don't want to swap anything over right now, too scared to be honest.