ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swapped Paint

1.2 MK2 PH2
Cleaned my car on the weekend, it was the first time i really got down and polished it properly (usually just used hose/jetwash!) But while cleaning I noticed that I've got a dark green mark on my o/s/r arch (Almost perfectly matching the dark green mondeo over the road from me......)

Any hoo! It dosnt look like its damaged the paint work or took any off! Its sorta more sitting on top of my paint! What i do want to know is if there is anyway in safely removing the paint e.g. t cut or clay? or even wet sanding it....

I did polish the car on the weekend but its only really made it darker rather than remove the paint itself!

any suggestions? I can supply a pic but it will have to be after work!

Chocolate Bar™
try some polish which is a little more aggressive. or the harder grade clay is good at removing overspray, so should be good at removing a scratch. i had a similar mark on my old car which wouldnt come off. and my dad managed to get it off with some cif. then i just polished and waxed it back to remove te swirl marks he'd put in.

1.2 MK2 PH2
Just asked the Valet lads at work n they reckon a aggressive polish and or machine polisher would probably get it off... asked a mechanic n he recommended paint stripper..... I love my job!

Edit: Cheers for the help though middo!