ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

swap!

bg 182 ff
i would like an opinion.

i currently have a 02 iceberg 172 with 57000 on the clock, the car is in mint condition and i picked it up 2 weeks ago for 1100. and i love the car

i have just been offerd a straight swap for a 55plate 182 cat c with 77 on the clock with full decat and stainless steel exhaust with a new engine and belts last year.

what should i do?

bg 182 ff
mine is in mint condidition with full service history but it is due for the belts in a few months. 11months left on the mot aswell

the 182 needs new shock absorbers on the the rear. and will need a mot in 3 months along with the tax
it was cat c when it was a year old cos the front and rear passender side doors needed new doors and the front quarter aswel.
aslo the engine was replced because the lad that has it had a spare engine after he wrote his last 182 off and instead of replcing the belts he replced the engine and sold the old one as seen

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
it was cat c when it was a year old cos the front and rear passender side doors needed new doors and the front quarter aswel.

A 12 month old 182 would have been worth 12 grand, to Cat C it, it would have needed at least £6-7k of repairs.

Thats more than just two doors and a front wing lol.

Avoid.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
mine is in mint condidition with full service history but it is due for the belts in a few months. 11months left on the mot aswell

the 182 needs new shock absorbers on the the rear. and will need a mot in 3 months along with the tax
aslo the engine was replced because the lad that has it had a spare engine after he wrote his last 182 off and instead of replcing the belts he replced the engine and sold the old one as seen

Sounds dodgy that to be honest mate. Any proof of the new engine mileage? receipts for belts? services? Id wouldn't swap a uncrashed car for the same type of car with higher miles, skeptical sounding engine swap and a cat c. Id steer well clear of that if it was me! plus the 172's are better than 182's anyway :p

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You'd be mad imo. Ask yourself, why does he want your 172? Surely that's enough..

bg 182 ff
Sounds dodgy that to be honest mate. Any proof of the new engine mileage? receipts for belts? services? Id wouldn't swap a uncrashed car for the same type of car with higher miles, skeptical sounding engine swap and a cat c. Id steer well clear of that if it was me! plus the 172's are better than 182's anyway :p

the guy said he used to race 172s ina quarter mile drags etc down santa pod so he knows what he is talking about unless he is talking sh!!t which is highly likely. it did seem to good to be true like.

and yeah after thinking about it there must be a reason why he wants shhot like so the 172 is staying

bg 182 ff
the 172 is in mint condition only thing that is wrong with it is that its needs a service in november and the belts done in august

53 Clio's & counting
the guy said he used to race 172s ina quarter mile drags etc down santa pod so he knows what he is talking about unless he is talking sh!!t which is highly likely. it did seem to good to be true like.

and yeah after thinking about it there must be a reason why he wants shhot like so the 172 is staying

Lol, probably means he turned up at a Run What Ya Brung once.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I wouldnt bother, the 182 will just cause you problems in the long run. Especially if you ever wanted to sell it.

Mk1 16v
I heard about this car, it's got a full AAS stainless system on it, got offered the car for £1100. Walked away, far to cheap so something's dodgy . Apparently the lads just bought a new ad so the clio's no longer needed but why sell it for that little. Fishy

PB Clio 172
keep the 172 some people, not saying you still think the 182 is better when in truth its the same car! Just about !

Wheelbarrow exhaust that rusts would do my nut in !

182 FF sport clio RB
definitely keep the 172, clearly in a much better way! He wouldn't want to be swapping down from a 182 to a 172 if there wasn't a lot of issues with his current car.

bg 182 ff
I heard about this car, it's got a full AAS stainless system on it, got offered the car for £1100. Walked away, far to cheap so something's dodgy . Apparently the lads just bought a new ad so the clio's no longer needed but why sell it for that little. Fishy

thats exactly what i thought he has also offerd it to my mate for 500 plus his mg zr with 40k on the clock. he is desperate to sell for a reason.

bg 182 ff
Keep the 172 as said.

I'm suprised noone else has mentioned how cheap your 172 was!

57K, FSH for £1100? Bargain if there's nothing wrong with it!

i couldnt belive it. the garage i bought it from said "i am going to be honest with you it does idle funny and when you put your foot down it judders" turns out all i needed was new ht leads that cost me nothing because i have a friend that supplied them. and the car runs like a dream now.

when i showed up with this car i was shocked at just what i found in the boot. the original renault 1st aid kit and the cargo net also the elusive 6 disc chnger under the passenger seat and cartridge. scored big time there.

just had the car lowered and all i need now is the front bumper painted to get rid of the damn stione chips and i have a mint 172 :D