ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

swap clio for

clio 182
hi everyone just needin some info was looking for a change of car and went on pistonheads and was lookin at a subaru impreza px for my clio the impreza is a 02 with 81000 on the clock full service history my clio is a 05 52000 but something is tellin me this is to good to be true what do uz think thanks david

Any sane Subaru owner will gladly px a Clio for their insurance crippling, gas guzzeling, engine rebuilding, monster depreciating shed.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
imo i wouldnt swap for it id want one with alot less miles but thats just me

STI JDM
I went from a clio to sti. You HAVE to make sure it's a good one or you'll be parting with a lot of cash. I use it as an everyday car as I did with my clio. Funding wise, I'd say costing has gone up x3. Will be in the thousands for a major repair. Insurance is steep if your young or/and have points and claims etc. Sure you can get high 20's low 30's mpg if you drive conservatively but come on, you wouldn't even consider buying this car if that was the case.
The clio was indeed a very worthy car. Very nimble and one of the best handling hatchbacks out there. Price-wise, I honestly don't believe there's anything that can match it. But - when you're talking awd turbo'd saloon vs fwd naturally aspirated hatchback; it's a whole different ball game. What would cost £1k on the clio could get you I dunno - 10+ bhp? where the same spent on a sti esp. a jdm would get you 50+ bhp. We're talking just exhaust system and re-map from a highly praised mapper such as JGM, Andy forest etc. Few more mods at around the same cost if you're lucky will see you get the same increase again.
If you decide to go for one - just make sure you have enough funds to back you up if anything goes wrong....buying one of these will put a very big smile on your face :)

M235i / 172
As much as i like some scoob's, I'd keep the clio. And as said the scoob has lots more miles than the clio, that would just bug me tbh.

fad

Clio 182 FF
I went from a clio to sti. You HAVE to make sure it's a good one or you'll be parting with a lot of cash. I use it as an everyday car as I did with my clio. Funding wise, I'd say costing has gone up x3. Will be in the thousands for a major repair. Insurance is steep if your young or/and have points and claims etc. Sure you can get high 20's low 30's mpg if you drive conservatively but come on, you wouldn't even consider buying this car if that was the case.
The clio was indeed a very worthy car. Very nimble and one of the best handling hatchbacks out there. Price-wise, I honestly don't believe there's anything that can match it. But - when you're talking awd turbo'd saloon vs fwd naturally aspirated hatchback; it's a whole different ball game. What would cost £1k on the clio could get you I dunno - 10+ bhp? where the same spent on a sti esp. a jdm would get you 50+ bhp. We're talking just exhaust system and re-map from a highly praised mapper such as JGM, Andy forest etc. Few more mods at around the same cost if you're lucky will see you get the same increase again.
If you decide to go for one - just make sure you have enough funds to back you up if anything goes wrong....buying one of these will put a very big smile on your face :)

If you want a Scooby take your time and find one that you like rather than do a swap as if you swap it for a lemon it will mean mega bucks.

Also in the current climate if you decide its not for you, it will be increadibly hard to shift hence why the current owner is probably going in with a swap?

clio 182
thanks for all comments i think my mind is made up i dont have alot more money to make the jump as youz have all sed the sub will cost a fortune to run double the insurance and if anything goes wrong i will be paying a fortune as i sed love the clio but u know what its like lol thanks again

MCS R56

Power ain't everything.

STI JDM
Power ain't everything.
Not saying it is.....can fit 4 golf bags in the back AND no longer have to slide my seat forward when people sit behind me :)
And let's not be forgetting the flat 4 burble. Sounds great even when just idling.