ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension query

Clio 172 PH2
Hi Chaps,

Due to pick up my ph2 172 at the weekend, its had a few bits done to it and has standard shocks and springs. Thing is I'm not sure if they have been replaced in the past or are originals - car has covered 110k.

I presume they are possibly past their best, if not what springs do people recommend i hear cooksport are good?.

The car will be a road/track car, and me and my cousin are amateur at best which is why maybe standard suspension should left or replaced and if replaced what with - we are on a budget?

Thanks

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Stannard shocks are around £40ish each. Most go with either eibach sportlines (30mm drop) or cooksports (40mm drop) as you've mentioned. Might beowryh looking into new top mounts too if your changing it all.

Spring compressors are not needed btw.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
If you're not in too much of a rush I will shortly have a set of shocks and the previously mentioned Amax springs going up for sale, they've only covered 2 track days and the car isn't road legal so there's very little wear.

For budget springs they're good, I much preferred them to my previous eibachs.

Only reason for sale is the fact I'm going to gaz golds