ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension Knock?

Not sure if its related to my braking problem. But that is when I brake anything other then really gently/slowly the steering wheel pulls to the left and the car pulls slightly to the right and it also feels really floaty under hard braking as well.

Anyway the knocking problem is when braking quite hard from any speed, there is a clunking/knocking from the passages side of the car. And when it clunks it feels like something is moving out of place. And when you accelerate you can feel and hear/feel it kind of clunk back into place :S

Have tried replacing the the lower ball joints and that made no difference. The track rods looking in good condition and there is no movement in them. And the car doesn't really knock going over bumps either.

So a bit out of ideas what it could be?

Cheers for any help.

Lotus Elise
Lower arm bushes are with a look, get in there with a large leaver bar. Also have you checked the caliper sliders?

I will do that as well tomorrow, going to have a proper look over all the bushes etc.

Yeah they are fine and the pistons are fine as well. Just changed the pads and discs the other week to see if it helped and it didn't... But they were going to need changed over the winter anyway.

Cheers

Had a look about today and nothing looks like it worn out :boring:

Even had a look at the engine mounts and they all seem fine as well....

/but have noticed something. Motorway and back road driving its fine. But as soon as I do any distance in town it gets really bad, especially under braking. Starting to think it might just be the ARB bushes need a bit of greasing...

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
this is a long shot, but check your exhaust mount bushes. I have a knocking noise and took me ages to figure out what it was. Turns out it was the back box bush

205 GTI, Clio 182
Hey wisey02, I have a similar issue. In particular, the bit about it feels like something moves out of place, then back into place when taking off and braking. I'm still no closer to solving the issue.

Not the exhaust checked all of that as well.

Really starting to wonder what is up! Car feels dangerous to drive when pushing on down a good back road. Normal driving it feels fine. :S

Hopefully I get to the bottom of it! Thinking checking the brakes have been bleed properly as well.