ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension issues due to wheel change on mkII 172

hey guys, i have a 2004 mkII 172 down here in Panama. About two years ago i changed the wheels for some 17 inch ones. About a year ago i had to change the shock towers and the shocks (roads are crap in panama) and now the shock towers need changing again, as well as the suspension arms bushings. The guys at the dearler say that is due to the wheel change....does anybody know what i could do or change in the car so the suspension doesnt give me so much trouble?! a friend told me that a strut tower brace could help but i dont see how....please help!

Cup'd Monaco 172
Plus a change in offset can change the amount of load thats transmitted through the suspension components.

I think some aftermarket suspension parts come with a lifetime guarantee. Koni shocks for example.