ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension/Inner/Outer Rod/Ball joint

Clio cup 172
Morning guys,

my clio has been showing some signs of play in the steering - initial thoughts are inner/outer rods/ball joints or steering rack. Took it along to a garage where I'm not happy with the diagnoses they provided me with. they're saying it's my springs - as they've squared off slightly, is this normal, and that I need springs/shocks replaced. they are wanting to replace 30mm springs with 50mm - again not happy with the size of these springs as my car will end up looking like a normal clio:eek:

What's the cause for play/light steering, what are the correct mm or clio 172

really need some advice please :)

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
The last few times i've thought the steering has felt odd on my 182 it has been the balljoints. The steering is currently feeling dogdy again and it has been diagnosed as play in the inner track rods, so im having those and the track rod ends replaced.

I did have a broken front right spring which effected the handling.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I just recently had the inner tie rods replaced and the tracking done. Sweet as a nut now