ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

supressors ?

ibiza cupra
i wired up a supressor to the live wire on my amp as told by the place where i got it from and posted a thread about it on here and got told that it was in the wrong place and that it would proberly burn out in no time. here is the pic
Image005.gif

well any way it did so had to take it off to get my amp working again but now i have the annoying sound of reving back through my speakers. any idead of where i can either A. get a supressor with a bigger gauge wire or B. wire up a new one of these to stop the bloody noise
ta very much

Black Gold 182FF
i wired up a supressor to the live wire on my amp as told by the place where i got it from and posted a thread about it on here and got told that it was in the wrong place and that it would proberly burn out in no time. here is the pic
Image005.gif

well any way it did so had to take it off to get my amp working again but now i have the annoying sound of reving back through my speakers. any idead of where i can either A. get a supressor with a bigger gauge wire or B. wire up a new one of these to stop the bloody noise
ta very much

Easier just to run your live wire on the opposite side of the car from your amps phono wires. (live down the left of the car, the phono cables from the amps to the head unit down the drivers side). This should eliminate the interference you are hearing when accelerating.

1.2 Clio
As above ^ extremists wil even buy shielded cables. But the easy fix is to run them opposite sides of car. Thats of course assuming you have the amp in the boot. Or somewhere where this is possible. If like me u have it under your seat then learn to live with it. lol.

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
Also make sure your ground is good, as this can cause the problem. The ground needs to be touching bare metal, so sand away the paint around a blot in the boot which attatches to the chassis, and put it on there.

ibiza cupra
ive already done all of these things and this was my last resort and did work untill it went pop