ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suppose this is where i start

AB 182
Well im now a official Clio owner never thought I'd be saying that at 33 but I've got to admit this little tin box is FUN!!

This is my post in new members as a bit of a background to my money pit background - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?725250-New-Member-looking-to-buy-in-Derbyshire

This is my car and lets see how long it lasts before it gets out of hand

After washing the mould and moss off the car as the previous owner wasn't a washer but had onlt done 847 miles since buying it off Neesey off this forum

8B93D38A-2140-4CD3-A777-5BE641CECC9F_zpsroq60rqg.jpg

This needs to be a lot prettier

958E352D-9529-4F07-9ECC-D39B83D49DF7_zpsrjmmngpk.jpg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Nice standard looking example you have there. Been a few mint OEM types surfacing lately.

Any plans for it?

Welcome

AB 182
Couple of questions

I'm 6'1 and feel a bit like im sat on the car instead of in it I suppose this is because im used to low slung rear drive cars but just wonder if anyones lowered the seating position? I'll have to buy a sidemount bucket if not I guess.

I'm wanting a RS Tuner Overrun map on the car (I know I know) anyone local got any experience of this im in Chesterfield Derbyshire. The cars already got a RS TunING map on it so I know it seems a bit daft swapping from this but at least I can save the original map if I want to change back.

Couple of questions

I'm 6'1 and feel a bit like im sat on the car instead of in it I suppose this is because im used to low slung rear drive cars but just wonder if anyones lowered the seating position? I'll have to buy a sidemount bucket if not I guess.

I'm wanting a RS Tuner Overrun map on the car (I know I know) anyone local got any experience of this im in Chesterfield Derbyshire. The cars already got a RS TunING map on it so I know it seems a bit daft swapping from this but at least I can save the original map if I want to change back.

As I said in the other thread, I live local-ish to you. I mapped @Pat-182 's car the other day with a RStuner and I could help you with yours if you want!

Car looks great :)

AB 182
Nice standard looking example you have there. Been a few mint OEM types surfacing lately.

Any plans for it?

Welcome

Cars current spec is

Scorpion RS192 Catback
Scorpion sports cat
Pipercross Panel
Rs Tuning map
Eibach Prostreet Supension
B&M Quickshift
Matched Inlet Manifold

That's it really but this week I should have

Stereotypical Turinis
Rs Tuner Overrun
Scorpion Decat
And new rear discs and bearings cos there noisier than the exhaust!!

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
Tom will you need to borrow my RS Tuner?? And Adam just gets 'license and pops n bangs map' from Henk??

Cheers Pat

AB 182
I couldn't say they are the 'best', but he is renowned for being an excellent tuner.

Why would you replace a map he has done with a generic one? Bonkers.

I fully understand where your coming from as I've live mapped a few of my previous cars. I'm sure it'll not make that much difference unless drivability goes through the floor. But I'll save the original map and revert back if the car feels poor. It's just a bit of fun that's all. And for the sake Of £80 or so and a few beers I'll give you some feedback between the maps.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
keep the RS tuning map mate, mines on same one and its done 100k nearly on it, no issues and drives great :)

project should be good, and like Tom i'm local too, so if you need help or advice feel free to ask/pop over for a brew and a chinwag ;)

AB 182
Tonight's collection road trip see if I can last till the weekend before fitting them. Undecided whether to paint them or not. Fancy a high gloss dark grey but might rock the satin black for awhile.

7C49B9EC-0C80-4B10-85AF-C5BE3715B42B_zpsgyg9i5ga.jpg

AB 182
Decat arrived this morning, just been fitted along with new rear box mounts and the middle mount, now my exhaust sits level and has a little more bark.

3F721F7C-A8F9-415F-94BE-0ECF8968ABB2_zpsshz1yhpt.jpg

Worlds most expensive badge turned up

B9EC75D8-8E1C-480B-987F-A8793AB61E0C_zpsn7c3q9qp.jpg

And wheels setup ready for repainting to bring them up to a finish and colour im happy then a tyre swap.

C66AFE77-911F-45F0-BF06-C9C568D11E97_zpsbkxcnyzs.jpg

focus st3
Enjoy it mate.Looks like the previous owner didn't have the keep it clean bug like we did.Daughter wanted to put her pics of the car up in defense,cos it was damn clean when we sold it lol.

AB 182
You can tell it was cared for because under the slime was a very nice car. I guess it's a good job he didn't use it that much as i bought it just in time to rescue it!

AB 182
Well this turned up much to the disgust of 98.4% of Cliosport............ (Don't worry i'll save my RS Tuning MAP)

27B7BAA4-57CB-4105-A7E9-3718E3A8BC81_zpszlukw986.jpg

AB 182
Well this is a very close community ..........

Need to find a way of not finishing fitting new the kitchen tonight and painting the speedlines instead.

AB 182
Well managed to sneak into the garage last night and make a start

3E6E9FA7-1293-4B01-B365-90A349AE6AAE_zpsdoyqh63o.jpg

And while they were drying this morning I thought I'd throw this on

504AE08E-AD95-4C4D-A69F-DD8E839765DA_zpspnknp4du.jpg

And once I'd inhaled a few litres of paint I was left with this

451773DA-CEC4-4C80-BACE-A83635B45AB2_zpsyipjn8ok.jpg

Just a few more details and a tyre swap to t1r's and they can go on the car.

focus st3
Nice to see its in good hands,i was going for the prorace 2.1s in black and doing the tyre swap.Did you notice the bluetooth handsfree or did he take it out?

AB 182
Nice to see its in good hands,i was going for the prorace 2.1s in black and doing the tyre swap.Did you notice the bluetooth handsfree or did he take it out?

Yeah the hands free is still in just wish my iphone5 would connect automatically it seems to need pairing every time !!

AB 182
Those wheels look really nice, what colour did you go for?

As for the car, it's coming on well :)

Colour was just chosen off colour chips, it's hdgrey03 lol just a solid grey no metallic.
Got a few more touches for the wheels then get tyres swapped over.

AB 182
Few more jobs done before the rain set in

A quick clay

5DF2CD36-173A-45DB-AB4F-F9C801D3D078_zpsixnex1cv.jpg

Then fit the fabia splitter which is a nice touch for the money.

14BFDFAC-E128-4E5A-9497-31BCC11F6B1D_zpspphievc0.jpg

AB 182
They've gone in to have the tyres stripped today, nobody needs any 195/45/16 maxxis ma-z1's do they ? Theres 2 coming off with 6-7mm on them.

AB 182
Well after we had a little moment where we though the ecu was toast I ended up with this and both of us giggling like kids. Big thanks to Thomas for getting involved and nice to meet you dude.

Can honestly say I can't feel a difference between the rs tuning and fastchip map as the car was already nice and tourqey low down with the rs map but all I know is when I go out for a play after 4k the car puts an even bigger smile on my face now. I do like the raised idle though as car always felt lumpy before sat idling

21A59CBE-417D-4847-9A8A-3AE1461FAD9E_zpsdjdb2jqs.png

Last edited:
  AB 182
Got the wheels on the car and gave it a wash and much needed polish after a week of grime

F7A08179-3AC6-4758-94E6-B4F67ACC1FD4_zpswp4zivnk.jpg

Pretty happy with the colour choice

8B2C9018-E262-49A0-80F3-ABE630DF58EC_zpswwbnuudx.jpg

Trouble is now I've seen the Pure Motorsport raised shifter so want one of those now !!!