ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

supersprint extractor

why didnt you say exhaust manifold ten well it looks better than the standard cast item, but the problem with 4-1 headers is that they really loose you mid range torque, in a big way, no joke. i am gonna get a 4-2-1 supersprint manifold for my clio 1.4 8V, which costs about 130 quid.
If i were you, i would not settle for anything less than a 4-2-1 manifold with primary pipes as long as you can fit and secondary of about 12 or so inches. you can get kits to make headers, or send off the measurements, or even an old manifold to get a custom one.

hi BenR,

Hmmm, afte installed the Supersprint exhaust....the mid range torque is much more better 2500 rpm onwards....

hi BenR,

Hmmm, afte installed the Supersprint exhaust....the mid range torque is much more better 2500 rpm onwards....

hi BenR,

hi BenR,

hi BenR,

ahh, thats because you have been using a 4-1 manifold as standard anyway! and you basically put on abigger bore, equal length 4-1 which will inevitably give you more than the standard one. But if you try a 4-2-1 and RR it for teh torque, you will see it works much better.
i have seen this many a time mostly on 16V engines. I just put a 4-2-1 on my XR2 and it rallybreathes a hell of a lot better, and sounds like a 60s cortina at full belt.

yup...seen 2 Clio 8v changed their exhaust manifold with thermal heat wrap, indeed the low end torque is fantastic. As for 16v...4-to-1, the torque is in after 2nd gear onwards, on the high end. ;-)

heehee, it will be great if its a
4-2-1.... does supersprint has a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold...? have few Clio lovers here wanted to change too.

thats the problem, torque higher up the rev range is no good. You want the torque to be about 2000-4500rpm. And the 4-1 wont do that. A 4-2-1 will be much better. Try looking on their site, i called a stockest in the uk to se if they had one, and they did.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Hi ben I also have a 1.4 with de cat and a full powerflow exhaust system I was thinking about a manifold but though the supersprint manifolds were like £280.
You say they are £130? from where.
I would rather get the manifold before i chip my car so that it can be set to that as well.

cheers m8

i am SO rubbing my hands in glee whilst waiting for this reply...damn i want one...

kk, so...pleased with you purchase i suppose...gotta try your wheels one some time...

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

supersprint manifold..i thought they were 280 but from what i can m8 out they are 130? which is a bargain.

soory guys, i have a massive hangover and am currently purched over my toilet so i will getback to you later tonight. Oh, i meant 230 not 130, sorry.

the exhaust manbifold collects the exhaust gasses that come out of the head, and places them into the exhaust system.....simply.
www.supersprint.com
they dont do one for the 16V 1.4 engine, but there is one for the 75bhp 1.4 98 onwards model.
http://www.supersprint.com/immagini/prodotti/871901.jpg

this might fit, but cant be sure.all depends on what the bolt arrangement is.

Ive been on their site too. The manifold does look really nice, but where can you get them imported from?

Which stockist did you contact Ben?

euro styling or something like that, i have his email but cant be bothered to go and fetch it right now. do you want it?
its a b*****d to fit though, engine out jobbie.

[BenR]

would the engine need to come out on an SOHC engine like my 1.6 since the exhaust manifold is at the front of the engine bay?

BMW 320d Sport

If my theory is correct, a 4-1 manifold may give you ultimately more top end power but at the expense of mid range. I dont know about the non-16v Clios but I know damn sure that the last thing a 1.8 16v needs is to rob the little mid range it does have. Top end its got plenty of already!

4-2-1 is the way to go. Its like fitting super wild cams and then wondering why it drives like a slug even though on the RR it gives good max power figures.

BMW 320d Sport

Sorry the last sentence I meant that a 4-1 would be a bad move, not a 4-2-1. Unless youre racing the car full time. And by that I dont mean the traffic lights grand prix.