ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Superleggera'd lowish mk3

A grey one
Kieron, you live so close to me and I have NEVER seen it in person yet :(
roundup some people and lets have a meet? I feel lonely, and yours has got 73632x better since I last saw it ;)

Superleggera'd MK3
I know, its weird, ive not even driven past you yet! Yeah we need to have a meet, think they are trying to organise a cliosport meet in lincoln on fb atm. Yeah its looking a lot better atm :) finally happy to drive in it! Looking forward to seeing yours, check them crazy spacers out ;) you still going CSS?

Little bit of an update. Managed to get the positive camber sorted today and now totally love my car :) feels completely different! Turns out i had +2.5 degree on both front wheels and 11degree toe out.....no wonder it handled shockingly!!!

also for anyone wanting to know....there is no info on here about camber adjust on mk3 ap coilovers.....they are in fact Camber adjustable to a point. The top bolt hole on the strut is slightly wider so there is room to play. You can also get camber bolts for this car....they are the H&R triple c bolts....just some knowledge to help you out :)

i also had my front and rear diamonds out and wrapped them today and will put them on and get photos tomorrow!! All in all....very good day!!!!!

Which ones did you order? there's various diameters and bracket widths... if you knew the part number!

I got a silver MK3. Dropped her down on coils' and got some deep dish borbets.
thus why i like this one!

Great stuff bro, keep it coming.
Try clay baring it! mine came up like a mirror!

Superleggera'd MK3
Didnt end up buying them mate, was gonna buy them but didnt need them in the end. I think i wrote down which ones we would need though, i can dig it out if u want?

sweet, u got pics of yours bro?

gonna get my mate to clay/polish etc before css so hopefully it should come up a treat. Did a iittle tester on the boot and it was lpvely and shiny :)

Didnt end up buying them mate, was gonna buy them but didnt need them in the end. I think i wrote down which ones we would need though, i can dig it out if u want?

sweet, u got pics of yours bro?

gonna get my mate to clay/polish etc before css so hopefully it should come up a treat. Did a iittle tester on the boot and it was lpvely and shiny :)

Here we go;

This is after i clayed it, polished it and then waxed it.

IMG_0342.jpg

and this one was taken after I had the AP coils fitted.
IMG_0202.jpg

you didnt need them? so you just loosened the bolt and pushed the arm forward to adjust the camber?

cheers bud.

Superleggera'd MK3
Looks lovely bud! U should get a thread started on here! Also, u going to CSS?

With the camber, yeah the lad that fitted it for me didnt take into account the fact that the hole on the strut is slightly slotted so it was just a case of when i had it tracked the blokes undid the bolt and moved it till i got the right camber :)

Looks lovely bud! U should get a thread started on here! Also, u going to CSS?

With the camber, yeah the lad that fitted it for me didnt take into account the fact that the hole on the strut is slightly slotted so it was just a case of when i had it tracked the blokes undid the bolt and moved it till i got the right camber :)

cheers for the help bud, ill have to sort it out when i get in from work.

CSS on the 22nd of june? Just found it out, i'm not working that day by luck so ill join you all.

Superleggera'd MK3
cheers for the help bud, ill have to sort it out when i get in from work.

CSS on the 22nd of june? Just found it out, i'm not working that day by luck so ill join you all.

Yeah do it mate, gonna buy my ticket this weekend :) plus im sure you can find a convoy down with the lads in your region area. Let me know if u still struggle with the camber adjustment.

Looks good so low, I need some ap coilovers.......... that is all.............

Thanks mate! When u gonna buy them then ;)

Yeah do it mate, gonna buy my ticket this weekend :) plus im sure you can find a convoy down with the lads in your region area. Let me know if u still struggle with the camber adjustment.

Thanks mate! When u gonna buy them then ;)

got all the camber sorted out, i had no gauges so the guys down at STS did it accurately and aligned them all up. Got a degree of neg camber now on the fronts.

Yeah I've just ordered my ticket, another so i can drag the misses along with me.

Yup, hopefully we'll get a few for a convoy across to CSS.

Cheers, Chris

Superleggera'd MK3
Nice one mate, glad you had it sorted out! Bet it feels much better/stable to drive now, no torque steer lol. Gonna buy my ticket this weekend, think i will be buying 1....cant imagine my girlfriend wanting to come.

​Hope to see you there, grab a beer mate :)

Superleggera'd MK3
Just bought a new steering wheel mate and painted the interior centre console and vents. Trying to make the interior a bit snazzier. Saving up money for a house so not sure what else i will do. I have two old wheels up for sale atm so whatever money i make off them i have allowed myself to spend on the car :)

Just bought a new steering wheel mate and painted the interior centre console and vents. Trying to make the interior a bit snazzier. Saving up money for a house so not sure what else i will do. I have two old wheels up for sale atm so whatever money i make off them i have allowed myself to spend on the car :)
Sweet, what colour you sprayed them? I kinda know what you mean, got a big pay out for this years insurance so it's a little tight.

Superleggera'd MK3
U paying it in full for the year then? What price you looking at mate? Done them ford graphite grey, neatens it up a fair bit :)

Superleggera'd MK3
Not too bad mate, how old are you? Insurance can be crippling, my brother has to pay 1,800 and that with a stupid black box in te car!

Superleggera'd MK3
K, so not done much recently. Did sort out a massive gripe which has been bugging me for ages though.

I had a custom made gear knob made a while ago which wasnt meant for my car and it ended up looking like this

IMG_0748_zps384bbc74.jpg

And 4 months later or so and i manage to machine the gear knob bolt and finally got it looking nice (mind the uncleaned car)

IMG_1065_zpsc9e0d61d.jpg

Such a pain while it looked stupid. Also....this is how it looked for two days while I was machining it.....pretty interesting ;)

IMG_1061_zpsaab451a7.jpg

I have also got a new steering wheel which needs installing and will be getting some 197 matts in the next week or so

Superleggera'd MK3
interesting stuff, how did the OEM one come off? I want to replace mine..

With much force mate. Stick it in 4th, get in the back seat and pull and twist till it come off. Then you get left with a white plastic sleeve which is glued over the stick.....this is even harder to get off. Some people hacksaw it off, I got some mole grips on it, locked it on really tight and just twisted till it all snapped off. Job done! What you gonna replace it with?

Superleggera'd MK3
Few pics from Pre Detail/CSS

1_zps8aa13797.jpg

6_zps3bdd1955.jpg

8_zpsda151e8d.jpg

9_zpse1cde48f.jpg

12_zps7ed70904.jpg

I also removed the adjusters on the back to drop it more, replaced the sidelights with white SMD's (cheers Kiefer) and got myself a set of RS Mats to pop in the car.

Superleggera'd MK3
Got myself a set of 197 front seats to fit which im gonna try fit today

image_zps50c33388.jpg

Juse need to find a rear bench now and the interior will look nearly completely upgraded :)

Clio MK3 DCI
Love those seats. Do they give a lot more support over the standard seats? Thinking about changing the dynamique seats over.

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah mate, ive only sat on them in the garage but they proper hug you compared to the standard seats :)

Love this! I'd really like a set of those 197 seats like! Look and feel so much better than the standard ones. Loving the gear knob too! If I could find the R.S knob to fit straight on. I'd buy one but don't really want the hassle of having to find someone to machine it to fit. Keep it up lad! Looking really smart.

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah mate, they feel quality! Been looking/wanting a set for ages. Hard to find a set for under £270 quid :/ These needed a little clean but have come out brilliantly. The gearknob was nothing but a pain in the ass lol

Yeah mate, they feel quality! Been looking/wanting a set for ages. Hard to find a set for under £270 quid :/ These needed a little clean but have come out brilliantly. The gearknob was nothing but a pain in the ass lol

You can get the seats for £50-£100 on pistonheads (apparently) a couple have come up in the past few months, so i've been told.. i've seen a set for £250 earlier this month. Really want some now