ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharger kit

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If the rotrex is in perfect order it's cheap. If it's worn but working it's ok. If it's knackered then it's over priced.

Sadly they are fortunes if they go wrong as the official line is replace not repair. Although there are places that attempt to rebuild them now.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Sunflower Ph1
Don't it's tempting. I've the money too today. But tomorrow I should spend it on the house!

Must be sensible but damn I want it badly!

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  big boost cup
its covered less than 6k as it was used as a track car mostly. selling it as im running a gt3582r turbo now

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As danny has said you dont need an ecu for this setup, paul mapped mine on the standard ecu & it made 260bhp & its still on the standard ecu now fully forged & 320bhp (all be it a safe map till i get the standalone on)

& like chip has said if they fail they are expensive to replace but its good to know places are trying to repair them. & even if this charger did fail & you had to buy a new one it would still work out cheaper than getting a brand new kit to begin with (this happened to me :( )

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Is there any signs of damage ? Play/float in shaft ? As far as I'm aware (correct me if in wrong) but these are a planetary type charger so should be second nature to me to strip: rebuild it. Speaking from a planetary gearbox stripper/rebuilder point of view? Can any one confirm this ?

If so what's the min you'd take? ( got to ask)

Also can you tell me where oil cooler was located in your car? I know of a few horror stories depending where you mount it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked you on eBay -

Dear turbodeano,

Hi mate really interested in the charger kit, just got a few questions, can you prove that it's only done 6k? Do you have the original purchase invoice?
Also where about's did you have the oil cooler mounted as this usually determines an amount of back pressure on the charger oil seals and how long before it will go bang.

Regards

You replied with 'lol'

Are you going to actually answer my questions or not?

In regards to the oil cooler mounting location it was rectified last year in the rotrex handbook/manual, so they are perfectly legible questions.

One way to put someone off spending £1500 with you.

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As danny has said you dont need an ecu for this setup, paul mapped mine on the standard ecu & it made 260bhp & its still on the standard ecu now fully forged & 320bhp (all be it a safe map till i get the standalone on)

& like chip has said if they fail they are expensive to replace but its good to know places are trying to repair them. & even if this charger did fail & you had to buy a new one it would still work out cheaper than getting a brand new kit to begin with (this happened to me :( )

Paul Mapped mine to 335 with standard ECU so it handles high boost as well.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I asked you on eBay -

Dear turbodeano,i

Hi mate really interested in the charger kit, just got a few questions, can you prove that it's only done 6k? Do you have the original purchase invoice?
Also where about's did you have the oil cooler mounted as this usually determines an amount of back pressure on the charger oil seals and how long before it will go bang.

Regards

You replied with 'lol'

Are you going to actually answer my questions or not?

In regards to the oil cooler mounting location it was rectified last year in the rotrex handbook/manual, so they are perfectly legible questions.

One way to put someone off spending £1500 with you.

I know its sold but how the hell do you prove its only done 6k lol

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I know its sold but how the hell do you prove its only done 6k lol

Maybe if you have a satelite tracking system installed in the car recording its movements on a daily basis and you can cross reference it to the date you fitted the charger to proove how much its moved since?