ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Sunflower + Forged Engine + Brembos + Recaros + 16" F1s

Picture of the alcantara roof lining i did last year & i painted all the light grey trims dark grey, i also fitted a 197 airbag to replace base model one, the buttons don't work due to Ph1s not having cruise but it looks a lot better with the buttons & silver ring.

CDF5984C-B744-4D76-911E-4681D297BD39_zpsughcyrl9.jpg

B58662DF-067B-4737-A025-871E747BEAAD_zps2agwuib8.jpg
didn't realise you'd done the headliner. Looks sweet mate!

This is one of my favourites on here, looks awesome in the above photo shoot by Niall :up:

Thanks George, yeah i love the photos Niall took.

I love this car soooo much! One of the reasons I got a sunflower although mine will never be able emulate these standards of workmanship!

Thanks Chris, ive replied to your PM btw.

You know my love for this car! If I was to build a clio that wasnt s**t, I think it would be exactly like this but flame red lol

Hopefully see you before you go to aus at a show or such like :smile:

Actually, @DannyR should buy this!

Haha cheers Dan, flame red is one of my favourite colours so ill let you off picking it over sunflower lol. Yeah hope so mate ill be at as many shows as i can in it.

Sad days mate but glad your going to enjoy it fully before you head down under and bet the vee will be a rare beast down there.

You know how much I would love to buy it. Half the forum would do. So sure it will get a good home

If you happen to think about selling the 16s pm me!

Sad days indeed but but all good things come to an end & I've enjoyed every minute of owning it, now to let somebody else enjoy it.

Theres only 1 Ph1 V6 over there so very rare lol. Hopefully it will go to a good home mate I've had a few pm's about it already. If i have to break it for parts the 16s would be forsale as id put it back on 15s.

What's something like this worth ? Surely it would be a shame to rip the interior out ?
@Craig.

Good question what is something like this worth lol. As i said above the interior is only coming out for a short while & all the standard interior will be going back in when its put up forsale.

didn't realise you'd done the headliner. Looks sweet mate!

I meant to send you a snapchat of it mate but totally forgot lol :kissingheart:

Thanks for all the kind words lads 😌

Matt205

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks very much @Matt205 haha you been Bort the sunflower? I follow a few of your fellow austrailian renault sport owners & I've seen the pics of Bort. A white 182 will stand out over there, are you in Sydney I'm guessing? The spoiler might have a part number on it but it's bonded onto the other spoiler now so it's hiden away sorry mate, if I see another one I'll make it fit in my suit case & bring it over with me lol.

Cheers Ash

Bort was bought by a mate of mine! Yep I'm Sydney based. Interesting about the spoiler so its an addition bonded to standard spoiler?
You really should bring this car with you and the V6 of course, great RS community over here, you'll be made very welcome, where in Sydney will you be living?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Craig, I hope to meet up at a show before you leave. This sunflower is just epic in every way

Bort was bought by a mate of mine! Yep I'm Sydney based. Interesting about the spoiler so its an addition bonded to standard spoiler?
You really should bring this car with you and the V6 of course, great RS community over here, you'll be made very welcome, where in Sydney will you be living?

Is Bort staying in Sydney? Yeah its an addition little lip spoiler that originally would have been bolted to the normal base model spoiler but i decided to get it bonded on & bonded in all the gaps between both spoilers.

Wish i could bring this mate but i dont think it will happen, i can imagine the laws to get a car in are hard & it would be awful having no aircon over there. Not sure where ill be living yet mate need to get alot sorted out yet i shal keep you posted, it will be great to meet the Oz rs lads.

This is SO BEAUTIFUL!!

Just read through (looked at pictures) the entire thread, truly amazing. So jealous :blush:

Thanks very much mate & thanks for taking the time to have a look :up:

Craig, I hope to meet up at a show before you leave. This sunflower is just epic in every way

Thanks dude :blush: Me too mate what shows are you doing this year?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I know it's been a hell of a long time hasn't it, too long. I'm absolutely great tho. How are you? What you driving now?
Well I sold the PH1 last June, it now lives in Northern Ireland and went to a V6 owner.

I imported a impreza Spec C type RA from Japan. I love it. [emoji41]

350bhp (soon to be 400) enough room for the wife and kids to go out in as a family if we so wish and a nice toy to have to take out for a blast on my own.

Quite rare too with only 325 made. [emoji2]

09d8595321f6782dba477a039ab34abe.jpg

06bacce7a8ecbc6ded8824a6634f4637.jpg

So where I'm at with the car for anyone who's interested. Last year I done as many track days in it at Croft & used it on nice days. I done my last track day end of 2015 & then used the car once in March this year & since then it has just been parked up.

After doing a couple of track days at the start of 2015 I decided the car needed a diff, so a Gripper LSD was bought & around May 2015 me & Kirk fitted it the night before a track day a Croft. The difference was night & day, I was very impressed it made the diff on the R26 seem rubbish haha. I fitted some AD08R's on at the same time to give them a try as I'd been running RSR's.

I also decided to strip the car out as it isn't a daily & take the recaro trendlines out as they are too heavy but I fitted them to the V6. I relaced the trendlines with a set of Recaro Pole Positions SPG's & a set of black Sabelt harnesses. Totally changed the driving feel of the car.

I also made my own Scenic shifter, I bought a shifter from the scrap yard & then machined some parts to make it better, made my own sleeve for the lift up reverse part instead of the crappy plastic one. Also machine the end down & tapped some treads on it & fitted a Quaife gearknob to finish it off.

More to come.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Nice to see it's still going strong Craig, looks well

Thanks mate

Great stuff mate.

So what happens now? Will you be getting a cage, etc. Keeping it as it is, making it a clubsport spec, or more stripping?

I have thought about a half cage for the rear, but for now & for the FCS Expo show it'll have its full interior back in, so full Ph2 carpet, 182 rear seats & ive took the sabelt harness's out & refitted the 182 belts. I'm still wanting to go mate, I've sold the Megane R26 to my very good friend @Korky & the V6 is going in storage end of this month, but going has been put back abit while the girlfriend decides what she's doing, there's no rush tho.

I've removed the HPAS & fitted EPAS to the car, I think I'm the only person to do this while running a supercharger? This setup could be used on cars that people still want to retain their aircon too as the supercharger uses the original aircon mount.

I've used the original PAS mount to the block, Pure Motorsport bracket & a Gates pulley with a bearing in for the dummy pulley, it's found on a Chevrolet 5.7L V8 which has a 17mm centre bore to work with the PMS bracket & spacer and I used a Gates 6PK1700 belt.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
This was always one of my favourite cars on here. One of those you think if ever came up forsale you'd like to have

I thought I’d log back in to the old place, I hadn’t realised I hadn’t been logged in since 2017 wow. My mate Shaun @KEMPYYYYY is buying his first Clio & it’s made me miss the Clio days so I thought I’d do abit if an update.

I still have the sunflower hasn’t moved much if at all in the last few years took it to Blyton for a Clio day and it won best car there which I was chuffed to bits about.

After fitting Recaro pole positions to finish the 182 interior off, last year I decide to refit all the Ph1 interior to make it more original. I had planned on breaking the car and selling it standard but I didn’t have the heart or the time it wasnt a great end to the year for me so the Clio has been the last thing on my mind for a while but it’s staying supercharged which is good I suppose.

New cambelt kit and some fresh Millers nanotech oil and filter has just been done and it might actually move out the corner of my mates garage very soon (RenSport) where it’s covered in dust.

4E4651A3-291B-475E-9EBC-2C85AE64B597.jpeg

F1823FDC-FA89-4802-AE26-275B3CD7508F.jpeg

CF6FAE2A-1A43-4B06-B97C-BFC4DEE36C58.jpeg

48FFB69D-D21F-4A70-BB8F-FCBB120ADE68.jpeg

C78BA9EF-A349-4CF2-AE74-EE200CCDB529.jpeg

A95C5473-6F9A-421C-84E2-940D3C049C59.jpeg

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
So much love for this car.. All time great build and proper CS history.

Great to have you back on the forum

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
It's always had the best bits of the pool of mk2 stuff and the mk3 bits.

I still adore a mk3 clio steering wheel - I miss the one I had on my megane!