ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Sunflower + Forged Engine + Brembos + Recaros + 16" F1s

Oh ok cool, its never had any paint but its got a few stone chips on the front end which bug me when im cleaning it.
Its done 49k now but looks great from a meter away.

There is also a few car park dents what a dent man could sort.

Ive also tryed to get a couple of bits for mine from renault that are no longer available, one of the decals thats on the bonnet slam panel trim and the 2.0l 16V side badges.

I dont know what to do next tbh mate, I was going to get head work done, supertec valves and 421 cams over the winter when I stop using the car.
At a later date I was going to get AT power TB and Gen 90 ecu as I wouldn't need to cut anything like the bonnet.

But id love to go SC but I would want to do it the right way but id get fed up if I didnt have enough money and the car ended up sitting around in bits...

Yeah stone chips are annoying theres one on the 182 & its annoying me. 49k its never been used lol, same mileage as my other sunflower.

I would have thought they would still sell the 2.0 badges, your best bet is breakers yards really & maybe find a good set.

That sounds like a good plan mate i was going to go the same route of itbs & cams before i seen the s/c kit forsale. If you went for a s/c & kept it stage 1 you wouldnt need to spend money on a standalone, Paul said the ph1 ecu was fine only now ive got further ive had to buy an ecu, so that would save you money to spend else where, and you wouldnt be dissapointed with it.

My r26 is looking past its best, could do with a front end re-spray.. Does he do work for the 'public' or referrals?

He's looking for a unit of his own as we speak, he's already got the oven to go in it & a load of people wanting stuff done. When did you want it doing mate?

More pictures & new wheels :rasp:

39CC8D12-2BDA-4F1B-AB84-FD29720664CB-2952-000000BAE7921CDE_zpsb1589911.jpg

A71DF98A-8411-4FF1-BE73-EDB2383B4898-2952-000000BADDFAF5E1_zps1f7c62b3.jpg

5B405AA5-1965-4AFA-B190-F41B5F37BFE7-2952-000000BAE26479EE_zps4a46a420.jpg

F2363FE0-2933-4FC6-8061-ACF635C23AFA-2952-000000BAF051AF18_zps23ebbd5a.jpg

473156CA-112A-418D-AD14-ABB273B866B6-2952-000000BCC01BE5D4_zps8d9c6e9e.jpg

6FEA3CE1-B20A-4790-89AB-8A5963AEFE9A-2952-000000BCC3FAAC21_zpsb4319636.jpg

Evo 5 RS
That depends.

On whether yours is up for sale ;). Not sure mate really, I do miss it but I think it's time to chop and change for awhile. I guess when the time comes to have a weekend gadget again I have no problems with it being a 172 again lol.

That depends.

On whether yours is up for sale . Not sure mate really, I do miss it but I think it's time to chop and change for awhile. I guess when the time comes to have a weekend gadget again I have no problems with it being a 172 again lol.

hahaha ;) yeah i no what you mean im wanting to get rid of the 197 for something else & keep chopping & changing. I hope it will be another ph1 if you do get a weekend toy. They are really good cars for what they go for now.

Liking the red wheels!

They are defo a keeper lol

I thought you'd of stripped it to the shell lol

Stripped the paint back to bare metal you mean?

Evo 5 RS
Think he means taken the lump out too for example, but if I recall you'd already painted the engine bay? Also not much point when doing factory colour. How many people look at the underside of your bonnet, let alone anything else.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Fuckin hell! I thought it was only going in for the bumpers, not the entire car aswell lol
this is going to look awsome! What lacquer are they using? The German 321 stuff we use is like concrete when set

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Craig when its painted it might be worth you getting some of this stuff.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Helicopter-Bike-Frame-Paint-Protection-Tape-Vinyl-2mtr-x-75mm-/261263872738?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cd48a52e2

I bought two bits for the underside of my side sills as i had them painted.

It stops the stone chips from the front wheels and was cheap, i guess you could get it for the lower part of the front bumper as well (that's what i would do when i get mine painted)

Oh its clear btw, looks white because i hadn't taken the backing off. :)

IMAG1892_zps6b7e03b5.jpg

IMAG1895_zpscdd40df4.jpg

IMAG1894_zpse25ad347.jpg

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Cover completely then a breathable car cover over that. . and lock away in a garage safe. . Thats what I'd do ;)

I know most people wouldn't be bothered but Craig isn't most people lol

I have got abit of an ocd lol.

f**kin hell! I thought it was only going in for the bumpers, not the entire car aswell lol
this is going to look awsome! What lacquer are they using? The German 321 stuff we use is like concrete when set

haha cheers mate, yeah the full car is getting painted, not sure what lacquer they are using ill ask on monday.

What sort of money should I expect to pay for a clio? PM if you prefer

Im not sure tbh mate once he's done mine he will decide on the prices i think.

Epic, mines doing about .6bar according to the ecu, but I have lowered the compression slightly, but want to up the boost again.

It will be making good power at .6bar, have you fitted the megane head gasket?

Craig when its painted it might be worth you getting some of this stuff.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Helico...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cd48a52e2

I bought two bits for the underside of my side sills as i had them painted.

It stops the stone chips from the front wheels and was cheap, i guess you could get it for the lower part of the front bumper as well (that's what i would do when i get mine painted)

Oh its clear btw, looks white because i hadn't taken the backing off.

That looks spot on mate i think ill have to buy some of that thanks for the link dude. Can you not even see it when its on?

Cover completely then a breathable car cover over that. . and lock away in a garage safe. . Thats what I'd do ;)

How much do them covers cost? Its been garaged the last two years over winter.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
That 3m stone chip guard is good, I've got it on my car , it's not seen til the cars really dirty :)

IMO worth it for your sunflower front end and infront of the rear arches

That 3m stone chip guard is good, I've got it on my car , it's not seen til the cars really dirty

IMO worth it for your sunflower front end and infront of the rear arches

If you cant see it until its dirty will be fine ill just have to keep it clean lol. Yeah i want to cover the front end & sides & in front of the rear arches like you say, maybe even mirror backs.

Craig, I'll see if I can get you that 3M stuff cheap through work mate.

Aww really that would be great Greg, do you use it or something? Do you fancy taking some pictures of it when its done i no your into your photography :)

If you cant see it until its dirty will be fine ill just have to keep it clean lol. Yeah i want to cover the front end & sides & in front of the rear arches like you say, maybe even mirror backs.

Aww really that would be great Greg, do you use it or something? Do you fancy taking some pictures of it when its done i no your into your photography :)

I've not used it, but I know we sell it.

I'll certainly have a go at taking some mate!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

Put it this way , I have it on my black car, it won't be as easy to spot on your non met yellow paint :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ive started something now....lol

If its fitted correct (no air bubbles) then no you don't see it mate, yes you can feel the edges but not when you look through it.

Porsche use it for the rear 1/4s on there cars so it must be good. :)

340i

If its fitted correct (no air bubbles) then no you don't see it mate, yes you can feel the edges but not when you look through it.

I need this on the Megane rear quarters!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Oh Craig, where did you get the RS badge from thats in your front grill, was it renault?
If so did you get the monting bracket with it and how did you fix it to the grill?

Yeah, mines got a 225 head gasket, new rings and ARP rob bolts.
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Are you going to run it at full boost on the standard engine & see how it copes?

[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]

That sounds good to me then :) but even if you could see it abit it wouldn't be a problem as its serving a purpose. I'll PM you the prices for the valves now too I've had a busy few days so sorry for the delay.[/FONT]

I need this on the Megane rear quarters!

Pix it the Megane sports that have it there from the factory?[/FONT]

Craig what gear box do you run in this car? Also did you say you made the brackets for your supercharger? If so would you be able to replicate them for some £££ ;)

Its just a standard ph1 box Dan, the longer ratios help but it still gets through the gears very quick think a ph2 box would be rubbish, I'm tempted to fit a DCi if I go for a diff.

Yeah I made two brackets to support the top/right of the supercharger as the one in the kit just didn't seem enough. But yeah I suppose I could make another set once it's off the road for the winter, as you tempted to have some s/c boost lol. [/FONT]

Oh Craig, where did you get the RS badge from thats in your front grill, was it renault?
If so did you get the monting bracket with it and how did you fix it to the grill?

Yeah it's a genuine Renault badge mate it's just from the dealers, I'll see if there is a part number on it, but it's off a Clio 200. I'll take a picture of how I secured it to the grill for you.[/FONT]
[/FONT]