ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Super charged tce?

Clio tce
Ok so what do people think about a supercharged tce? It's just a thought as people will be doing different things with these engines in time.

Super charging would mean a bigger turbo could go on without any lag issues.....

Please let's discuss:p

Open season.....

Dual charging has a lot of complications and would be prohibitively expensive. You either need a clutch type supercharger with an ecu able to control it or a clever boost control system to stop the boost from the supercharger.

Impreza RB5 #054
Chip is the man to talk to, i'm sure he's in the process of compound charging his Mid engine'd Nova

Clio tce
Regards "efficiency" the 2 could work well together, think vag use this set up.

And then discontinued due to reliability issues but, paaah to those excuses.... :)

Last edited:
  Clio tce
Chip is the man to talk to, i'm sure he's in the process of compound charging his Mid engine'd Nova

oh mr chip..... Are you out there.....

I think its a given that components would need upgrading like clutch, ecu, pistons etc. I wonder what charger could be used?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Its not as easy as it looks on a little engine. As said vag struggled enough to make a 1.4 fabia engine twin charged without all the reliability issues.
Would love to supercharge my dci . Only a few things stopping me.... Common sence / not enough room and injectors ( b******s i hate you adelphi )

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
that still not been overcome yet?!?!

nope, cant find a set that fit, iv heard the 1.9 tdi injectors fit by fitting copper colars and a load of hassle piggy backing the ecu's......

iv had my injector tips changed to deliver a better pattern but thats as far as i think anyone has got