ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Australia)

182,golf vr6,206gti
Re: SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Austra

i think the plaque looks superb mate and tbh its exactly how i would expect renault would have done it.this is one of the most impressive car builds ive ever seen and ive seen a lot! I wish i had the balls,money,skill and vision to do a project on this scale but i dont!!! credit to you

Re: SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Austra

The original Super 1600 Speedline Turini 7x17 but in gold are on their way from UK...
8ydanu7e.jpg
Did these ever arrive?

Did these ever arrive?

I stopped the purchase because i'm still undecided about the tire size, 215/45 R17 or 225/40 R18 and more important i have to assemble the front axle with the new clio RS struts/hubs which has a 5 stud pattern...
Will see in a couple of weeks i guess

Clio 172

225/40/18 are a must. Will have an awsome stance to go with the awsome bodykit.

CBR1K, F21 125D

Just do a accurate photoshop.

I would imagine 18's would suit the look.

A RS sabelt wheel would set the car off so well mate, with the blue and the fact it's the wheel most of RenaultSports racing cars use it would look fantastic!

Love the car!

Clio Cup by RIKUS

howsome project mate !

did you look at the cup racers to have an increase of 60mm on your offset in the front witout having to build anything ?

Clio Cup by RIKUS

because if you did the mounting offset 5x108 your are looking for would be easy to acheive ......

howsome project mate !

did you look at the cup racers to have an increase of 60mm on your offset in the front witout having to build anything ?

Thanks. But are you sure about the 60mm??? Maybe in total, = 30mm + 30mm..

I need to be 70mm wider per side, 140mm in total... I dont think the Cup race is long enough.

Today i tried to presenting the new Clio hub complete and it looks like can be done in few parts..
And I also like the new pivot strut..

tu7u7ujy.jpg

Clio Cup by RIKUS

Nevermind you are going for clio3/megane 2 hub. good choice :)

yes it is 30mm per side. wahouuuuu yopu need 70 perside :) i was off

if you go that big on your brake i'm presuming you are going to fit a 23.8mm master cylinder as well as adjusting the bias to the rear ?

Also i kind of know this set up so how do you do for the ABS ? because as fas as i know the set up from the megane/ clio wont work (diferent tech and diferent target), or maybe you just want to remove the ABS ?

I have the full rear hub/stub/disc/caliper from the new magane RS too.. (25mm bearing)

The master cylinder wasn't in my list but if the one from the Clio 3 RS fit in the RS 2 then I will put the big one...

I dont mind of loosing the ABS but do you think the sensors will send different signals?

I remember 10 years ago i putted the full front axle from the megane coach on my clio 1.8 16v and the ABS worked as standard even if all the sensors where completely different and different brand too

Last edited:
  clio 172

wow! cant believe how committed you have been to this project never would have i been able to take a grinder to the arches on my 172 like you did!! good to see that all the abuse never got to you or did it hamper your built in your mind, the cars a real credit to yourself and your wrapping/built qualities are top notch!!!!!

car looks great time to sit back and look at the achievement :D:D:D

Clio Cup by RIKUS

I have the full rear hub/stub/disc/caliper from the new magane RS too.. (25mm bearing)

The master cylinder wasn't in my list but if the one from the Clio 3 RS fit in the RS 2 then I will put the big one...

I dont mind of loosing the ABS but do you think the sensors will send different signals?

I remember 10 years ago i putted the full front axle from the megane coach on my clio 1.8 16v and the ABS worked as standard even if all the sensors where completely different and different brand too

As far as i know clio 2 use physical teeth target with a vr type sensor when starting from 2004 renault is using a magnetic type target with a hall effect like magnetic pick up. the signal itself will be diferent. if you had a clio 172/182 with ESP it would work. brand do not matter but the tech used does

For the MC the one from the clio 3 wont be a fit :) you need the one from a laguna 1 :)

great progress on your car i love it :)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

Love this project, I check back every day.
Agreed with the above comment about the Sabelt Wheel (especially as it's also blue)

One think I don't like is the blue carbon wrap on the dash inserts, obviously it's personal preference but would wrap to match the outside not look better?

Unfortunately due to the strict road rules in here i cannot change the steering wheel.. :(
I dont like the blue/carbon interior trims either.. But i cant be bored at the moment to fix them,. I'll wait till the top dashboard will be flocked so maybe i will change them..

I decided about the tire/rims..
Will be 225/40/18 with Speedline Turini 2120 gold 8" 5 studs 5x108. , ET "unknown yet"

The calipers and the front hub/stub from the new clio fitted perfectly and now the front widening is perfect without any spacers at all..,

6uqyduna.jpg
qesy2esy.jpg

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1

AWESOME!!!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

Top job this Ricardo I tip my hat to you..

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182

Can u upload a viedo of the exhaust?! Never seen one like it before!!

130i Road, 172 Track

Love this car in the flesh, Riccardo!

Can't wait to see the next stage of refinement plus the other Clio developments you have planned 8)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

Exhaust is great :)

Renault Clio MK3

Wow, nice work... Looks amazing..,

Is wrapping as easier as you made it look?

Wow, nice work... Looks amazing..,

Is wrapping as easier as you made it look?

Thanks.
The wrapping is a long and difficult work..
Easy to wrap small internal trims but requires few years of experience to do the all car like bumpers and doors in a decent way.

Cheers

A slow one

This has been my laptop back ground for weeks, still makes me happy seeing it on a daily basis

Cup, Lude & Z

Great work, looks so so good

Clio Trophy

love it :)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

Epic well done. .. looks awesome

Clio 172

Just sat and read every page, shocked at how quickly you have don't so much work, very impressive build!

Titanium 182

Absolutely brilliant!

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS

Much Better with the new alloys on now.