ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunstrip Law?

1.6 Ford Focus
Before I get totally flamed at this, it is not for my car! However it is for a Clio. My mate bought one and doesn't know the first thing about fitting them... so I offered to fit it for a few squid.

I have googled this for the last half hour and it seams to be a rather sketchy area... How big are you allowed to have them? Results google gave me so far are...

Must not enter wiper 'wipe' zone
Must be no larger than the area the sun visor would cover
Up to 9" will pass a MOT
Anything that enters the 'wipe zone' must be transparent

Any ideas?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
You can't enter the 'b' zone on the windscreen, usually the top 15 percent, on some cars this is actually marked on the glass (BMW as an example) you also can't have more than 9mm of the tip of the wiper 'interfering' with the strip, however you could fit smaller wipers, just make sure that if the MOT inspector changes the wipers he uses the same as what you have fitted.

TBH the easiest way round this is as Hutchie said and use tint film on the inside, I had 7 inches of limo tint on my Megane and it went through 2 MOTs without question

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You're going to charge your mate money for fitting a sticker to his car??

FLOL!!!

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Excuse the bump but google brought me here. The thought has only just occurred to me that my track car wont have sun visors fitted - no roof mounting points & a cage are to blame for that - so was wondering about fitting a sunstrip to sort of counter that but I'm not sure where I stand legally on it as the car needs to be road legal. Can anyone tell me what my options are?

Total asw but I can't not show a couple of pics now can I? :p

2013-04-08170051_zps58ea859a.jpg

2013-04-08170036_zpseeddc49f.jpg

My VX has one and just passed its MOT. Nowhere to fit visors in it, so it's the only option to prevent certain death.