ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Summer Sun Devon/Cornwall Meet

172,scenic, trafic
Won't alot of men eating ice cream together on the beach look odd.lol. how about something like a sporting event. Such as football or something. Or basket ball or a tennis tournament .lol. just an idea!

Devon Car Show was awful last year. I was bored before 11am. Just full of scoobies :/.

My suggestion would be meeting up at Wiscombe Park Hillclimb on Sunday July 31st. I went up there on the 22nd May and had an awesome day. Its not to far from Exeter. 7.50 entrance fee. Lots of parking in the field (could possibly get a spot all together). Can walk the whole track, big variety of cars, including clios on the course., food ICE CREAM as wanted, toilets, nice estate etc. Such a good day out

http://www.wiscombepark.co.uk/index.html for more info

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone know of marine drive in woolacombe? Plenty of room in the evening, nice backdrop for line up pics... Bring ya own instant BBQ and let the summer food poisoning commence!!?

02 Clio 172
Devon Car Show was awful last year. I was bored before 11am. Just full of scoobies :/.

I' guessed it was like that, the web page looked a little iffy, just a thought. Hillclimb sounds good tho

Marine Drive is a good shout, like incy-spider said its real quiet in evenings and pretty nice if its sunny, I'd be up for that...any takers??

JCS, only problem bud I think is CS Saturday is July 30th?

Ahh balls forgot about that one. Shame. Still considering that one. See what funds are like after my holiday.

I' guessed it was like that, the web page looked a little iffy, just a thought. Hillclimb sounds good tho

I could be wrong this year as there seems to be a bit more entertainment, but from the forums/sites i use i havent seen much interest/promotion really

For those that are intrested my plans for meets when i get back are

A Early morning Breakfast run
Paintballing around plymouth area
A Rolling Road day
A Dartmoor Run
Go-Karting....Again lol
A Night out/ Track day then beers after ect
Camping trip

Tregrhan Hillclimb near me in st austell is at the start of July and GTRnav usualy competes. However this would probably be a bit far for some.

I'm up for anything that includes food tbh

02 Clio 172
Your the man!!! Best idea EVER :)
Or forget the camping and stay in the pub? :)

I'd sleep on the bar, I'm not fussy! Ok I looked up some dates:

Castle Coombe:
Fri 17th June - Full Day £170
Mon 27th June - Full Day £199/Afternoon £115
Thurs 7th July - Full Day £170
Fri 22nd July - Full Day £170

Thruxton:
Track and Personal Instruction are run on specific days throughout the year:
22nd February (prior to General test days on 23rd / 24th).
28th April (prior to BTCC weekend).
10th June (prior to Great & British race weekend).
12th August (1/2 day - morning, prior to Truck race weekend).
2nd September (prior to BARC club race meeting).

What's on offer:
AM session 09.00hrs to 12.30hrs - open pit lane
PM Session 13.30hrs to 17.00hrs - open pit lane

Price:
£200 for half day (supplying own instructor)
£350 for full day (supplying own instructor)
+ £25 for additional drivers
or
1 hour including the services of a TMC instructor @ £175, 2 hours @ £270 (Pre booked only).

Restrictions
All cars / drivers must be accompanied by an ARDS licensed instructor at all times (licences to be
shown at sign on).

Chosen Castle Coombe and Thuruxton as they are the closest. Thruxton seems to be a little pricey and you have to have an instructor??? So Coombe seems good so far, also has a few campsites nearby

Tbh, I have no interest in the ring. I'd rather a circuit I can go round and round again and get better and quicker throughout the day. A few laps and hundreds of corners I'll never remember just doesn't appeal.

I await the haters lol

02 Clio 172
I think the ring has to be done at some stage no doubt but thats gotta be an expensive outing plus I really don't like the idea of having to drive a car back from Germany with no brakes or tires left! :S with emma on this one would be nice to progress a little throughout a day at a UK track

Castle Combe would probably be best bet probably about time I lost my track virginity. Not far from Bristol so easily done in a day. Would mean I need new tyres first though lol.

Is castle combe open pitlane too? Afternoon session looks good.

Seat Ibiza
Im a fan of Emmas idea too! Im not exactly made of money at the moment, and I haven't had the car long so an airfield day would be better than a track day!

For those who don't know the Hullavington airfield circuit is only 7 miles further the Castle Combe.

For what castle Combe is I think is stupidly expensive. I'd rather drive a lot further to go to Oulton Park or Silverstone for not a massive amount more or the same price if it's the RS day.

I was going to be doing the Hullavington one that day with a friend anyway so I'll definitely be there.

Ok I'm definitely booking Hullavington airfield day for the 15th of July on Friday for me and a friend who's got a 200. So there will be at least 2 clio's there. Anyone else want to come along the more the merrier!!

Tregrhan Hillclimb near me in st austell is at the start of July and GTRnav usualy competes. However this would probably be a bit far for some.

I'm up for anything that includes food tbh

Two dates for Tregrehan Hillclimb, first one is SUNDAY 12th JUNE, second one is SUNDAY 3rd JULY.
I will be competing at both, love to see any Cliosport members, come and say Hi to me in the paddock.

Up for a trackday, or any beach meet, got a new dent to show off!!!

Was going to mention that but think it maybe a bit out of the way for the northern members :(

I'm unable to make the first one due to being abroad but already got the second one in my diary as its also the cornish festival of motorsport there as well as the hillclimb :)

Was going to mention that but think it maybe a bit out of the way for the northern members :(

I'm unable to make the first one due to being abroad but already got the second one in my diary as its also the cornish festival of motorsport there as well as the hillclimb :)

Good point; CORNISH FESTIVAL of MOTORSPORT to be held at Tregrehan, which is near Cornish Market World at St. Austell.
Displays of all types of custom, motorsport and shiny cars. Bring your car and put it on show. Phone Mike Tregoning on 07802 548291 for details or to book your place. Cliosport could even have it's own display if you want to.