ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

subwoofer fitting to oem cd player

my 172 never came with the oem cd player but does the oem come with pre outs for a sub or will i have to wire it up through the speaker wires if i want to get an oem player.

Jap Box
Not sure if OEM headunit will have the remote lead with it, if not then wire a switch into the power cable going from the amp to the battery to stop it draining.

BMW E34 540i
Not sure if OEM headunit will have the remote lead with it, if not then wire a switch into the power cable going from the amp to the battery to stop it draining.
I don't really understand what are you saying ? Remote transfers the signal to the amp to swich on. If you connect it to the wire from battery it will stay on all the time ??

We used to connect the remote to the antenna wire (in most cars it gets power when the radio comes on) not in clio apparently. We will find different wire to connect it to.

S'trollin on size 7s
standard stereo wont have the power to run anything decent, your best off getting a new decent aftermarket headunit so you wont loose quality like you will from shitty little adaprtors like them ^^ no offence. but pre outs are the main source of the frequencys(sound) to your amp, if theirs s**t quality the quality of sound coming out of your speakers wont be as good.
if a jobs worth doing its worth doing well.

BMW E34 540i
standard stereo wont have the power to run anything decent, your best off getting a new decent aftermarket headunit so you wont loose quality like you will from shitty little adaprtors like them ^^ no offence. but pre outs are the main source of the frequencys(sound) to your amp, if theirs s**t quality the quality of sound coming out of your speakers wont be as good.
if a jobs worth doing its worth doing well.

You are absolutely right ! but what If like in my case I had everything meaning amp and sub from the previous car and I don't have this lest say 200 quid to spare for the new head unit ?

I use it as it is now, wiring is in place so I can buy a new head unit any time. Still I think it is worth of it.

Indeed I hear the difference between this "output converter" and my old Sony radio.

Jap Box
I don't really understand what are you saying ? Remote transfers the signal to the amp to swich on. If you connect it to the wire from battery it will stay on all the time ??

We used to connect the remote to the antenna wire (in most cars it gets power when the radio comes on) not in clio apparently. We will find different wire to connect it to.

No, the OEM unit will most likely not have the remote lead available to it, and it might not turn off from the antenna.

Im saying, power lead going from battery to amp, cut a certain part of it and wire a switch into it that you can toggle on and off, I had one of these on mine before and so did some of my mates. It will let you turn the amp off which will stop it draining the battery when the cars off if you turn off the switch - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-round-O...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item563473f17a

Hopefully you understand what I mean now. Or do as you said and find a different wire to connect the remote cable to.

S'trollin on size 7s
^^^^ complete botch .lol i wouldnt advise that . if you are onlt doing it as a temp measure then fair doos get the adaptor and do it that way over anything else but its not going to be great by a long shot thats even if you can get a remote wire from somewhere, afterall the antenna arnt electric so they wont have a 'turn on switch' wire you can tap onto. without having ever seen the wire selection at the back of them i wouldnt know for sure off top of my head.

BMW E34 540i
G_C'lio_172 the wire schematic is completely different than in 172/182 so it will take some searching to find right one to connect the remote to. Maybe anyone has 197 or 200 wiring schematic for the radio. It would make my life so much easier.