ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sub power wire

Renault Clio MK2 PH2
ive wired everything up, i just need to get the power cable to the battery. i dont want to drill holes so is there place where i can push the wire through? its a mk2ph1, pictures would be useful. thanks:)

SchwepTek™
My god i must have answered this question a hundred times LOL.

You should find the bonnet release cable goes through a grommet behind the glove box through the bulkhead.

Should be big enough to get the cable through.

Last edited:
  SQ5
Just drill a hole and put a grommet in :)

06122008004.jpg

Renault Clio MK2 PH2
do i need to take anything apart, or can i just feed it through? and how do u remove the rear door cards to run the wires behind?

SQ5
This hole can be drilled from inside the footwell.
You'll need to put a small drill bit through from bay first though, then do a 20mm bit through into the bay. Put a grommet on. Cable tie to wires that go into fuse box.

Unclip the trim along the inside/bottom of door, then feed one end up over the seatbelt hook at the bottom and try and grab it the other side then just pull it as far as you can up the rear door card then just out under the seat/boot carpet :)

Yozza'd Titanium 182
you dont need to take anything apart but if your sub wire is a thick decent one you will need to rmove the fuse of the wire as it wont fit thre the whole

Renault Clio MK2 PH2
yh ive already taken the fuse off, do you know where abouts the bonnet release grommet is? and how long will it take to feed it through there?

SQ5
Was this a moulded fuse? You cut it off to get it through the hole?!?! PMSL!

Couldn't you thread it through the other way!

R.I.P Clio
Ive just finished wiring up my sub and amp into my mk2 ph1! have you sorted it yet? maybe I can offer a few tips?!

About the bonnet realease gromit its a small round one you can see it if you look behind and below the water tank, heres how I did it...
I pushed the gromit through from inside behind the glove box, so its loose on the bonnet release cable.
I attached some thread/string the power cable and tied it tight enough not to come off
I used a screw driver to help push/feed the thread slightly through the gromit hole and the screw driver wedged in the process, holdng it in place.
I then went inside and pulled the thread through far enough so it wouldnt pop back out when i removed the screw driver
Then pulled the thread and power cable through.
No need to remove the little fuse box attached to the wire!
Job done!

As you said you had it wired up already so im sure youll be fine,
For tidying up I used a screw driver to help push wires underneath the door trims!

Hope that helps!

Peace

Ph1 172 + Combo van
ROFL at string

cut up a wire coat hanger and feed it through. tape your cable to it and pull it through. Lay on your back and you will see the bonnet release cable go from the pull switch up and through the firewall. It is behind the loom a bit next to a load of cables.