ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sub box help

ive just bought all the mdf for a double 12" box. just wanted to know if anyones made 1 and what measurements they used?

Depends what subs you want to put in it. The sub should have some info about the recommended cubic capacity the box needs to be. Whether it should be ported, sealed etc.

Skoda Fabia vRS

as above ^^

check the manufacturers website for recommended box size, its important you get it right and dont just bodge one together

make sure its well sealed aswell, i bought my boxes but ive gone over all the joints with P40 fibreglass filler to make certain its 100% air tight

^ as above, ive only every had 1 prebuilt box, it wasnt totally sealed, used silicon to seal edges (if you use silicon leave box to air for 24hours, as the chemicals in the silicon eat away at the voice coils of the sub!) so now i use p40 (used it in a box edges first time today!).