ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupidly loud Ktec stealth

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Surly it's bot the bore size that determines how quite it is?
I'd go 2.5 with a couple of boxes.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The size will change the type of noise, im not an expert mind ;)

On my car i have a 2.25 ktec, unsilenced with decat. Doesn't drone atall and sounds ace when in the mood.

Ive had a scorpion as an example and that was a constant noise at speed.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The size will change the type of noise, im not an expert mind ;)

On my car i have a 2.25 ktec, unsilenced with decat. Doesn't drone atall and sounds ace when in the mood.

Ive had a scorpion as an example and that was a constant noise at speed.
I had a single box stealth with a 182 manifold and de cat.

It was loud I guess but the biggest issue was it being a stealth, my god did it drone, thank fook I don't have the same problem with the impreza.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I look to change my exhaust just for changing sakes, but i know i would regret it.

Sounds ace when ive seen it drive off :)

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
At the moment mine is a ktec 2.5inch bore mate ans drones on motorways,so looking to get a 2.25inch bore as ive read its meant to be quiter ie not have the drone noise.Ive seen that ktec sell a seperate centre section thats a 2.25 bore thats meant to be there quiet one and would be easy change apart from the rear box is 2.5inch on mine @Phase1sr

Post a video up mate of yours @imprezaworks

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
At the moment mine is a ktec 2.5inch bore mate ans drones on motorways,so looking to get a 2.25inch bore as ive read its meant to be quiter ie not have the drone noise.Ive seen that ktec sell a seperate centre section thats a 2.25 bore thats meant to be there quiet one and would be easy change apart from the rear box is 2.5inch on mine @Phase1sr

Post a video up mate of yours @imprezaworks
Is yours a stealth mate and does your center section have a box?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I've been trying to get a vid for ages lol.

It will sound different in 182 guise. And being the fastest colour too.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Is yours a stealth mate?

It was mate until i decide to get the tailpipe cut off and made into a straight through pipe as i thought this would of sorted the drone noise.
35E33809-DB46-44E2-BAF3-B33D010CFBDA.jpeg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Oh, yeah ive heard that does help. I just cant see going a size down on the pipe helping much, unless Ktech will guarantee it?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
It helped a bit but not to much,i have emailed ktec but not reply as of yet to ask a few questions.
Ive just read that the 2.25inch is quiter and more to the standard bore size with no drone @Phase1sr

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
So ive had another quote to get a system made up.
This time it is from AMD Tuning and its £470inc vat.

Last quote will be from Pipecraft,hopefully i will get down there this sat morning to get a price.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So ive had another quote to get a system made up.
This time it is from AMD Tuning and its £470inc vat.

Last quote will be from Pipecraft,hopefully i will get down there this sat morning to get a price.
I was at Pipecraft today mate getting a box cut out of my van. I spoke to the guy doing the work and told him about your issue.

He said the same as I was thinking, in that going down to a smaller bore will not stop the drone and that a leather middle box with more packing will.

The only thing I will say is the bends in the pipe that Pipecraft do are sh1t.
And I never knew that AMD made exhausts

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Oh i see mate,i was planning on going to see him on sat morning.
How do you mean by the bends are crap mate,not well made?

Not sure on what options i have now,apart from by the quiet system that ktec say they do or another off the shelf system.

Or could put a new centre section in mine that i have now with the leather better packed centre box that you say.

@Phase1sr

Last edited:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Oh i see mate,i was planning on going to see him on sat morning.
How do you mean by the bends are crap mate,not well made?

Not sure on what options i have now,apart from by the quiet system that ktec say they do or another off the shelf system.

Or could put a new centre section in mine that i have now with the leather better packed centre box that you say.

@Phase1sr
The way the bends are formed in he's machine, it crushes the bend.

This is a pipe he made for me, I wasn't bothered as it's only for my van.

6309351466112fa11b522c870c628164.jpg

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I think most are done like that mate,apart from top custom exhaust places that prob do it a better way thats why they are exspensive i guess.
I will see him sat morning & see what he says & price he gives me.

@Phase1sr

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
BTB Stealth ftw or just ditch the de-cat as it makes it so much louder, especially without a midbox. A good middle ground on one of my old 172's was a BTB Stealth and a phase 1 twin barrel.

In comparison my track 182 uses a 2.25" Janspeed system without a midbox with a de-cat and its fairly loud as per below, however no where near as loud as my old 172's Yozzasport Race system.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
So got a email back from ktec today,ive just copied and pasted it,easier.

The rear section is slip jointed so they will not instantly fit together with the clamps provided but they may be modified to fit.
The other alternative is to get another silencer fitted to the centre section.

These systems aren’t usually overly loud unless it is damaged.
It may be that you have a crack before the back box which is causing it to be much louder.
This will be very noticeable within the car.

It might be worth removing the system and looking for any damage.